Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a job advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

hi,

I started off my own project at work, behind the scenes.
I'm working on an application which will enhance our capabilities.

I keep having this feeling that if I not release a version of this quick enough then someone else will come up with this project and i'll be left with nothing.

On the other hand, if I'll expose this project while the application is not ready, I'm afraid that someone else might take over.

What do you think I should do in such case?

Should I release a preliminary version and let the teammates work with that, even though it only has 2 features at the moment?

Or shall I wait? or declare the project without releasing any version this week?

Thank you guys.

Hi Nigel,

I tried lifting another project, in which I was dependent on other team members, which did not cooperate, and therefore I let this project go and started off with a new project which I'm dependent only on myself.

no one knows about it yet (as it's not ready yet), but there shouldn't be a permission issue for that project.

So having been refused permission for one project, you then decide to start another without asking for permission.

I don't think this is going to end well.

Under normal circumstances, what you do on company time belongs to the company.

Doing your own thing on company time is not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back