Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC Volt and Amp Meter with a 0-5VDC linear output

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElmVideo

Hi,
I want to build a 120VAC Voltmeter AND a 0 - 30A AC Ampmeter (safely isolated and seperatley, not a 'power meter') that will give a 0 - 5 VDC linear output. For example, a 120VAC RMS input voltage would give me a 1.2VDC (very low ripple) output. A 3.2A AC current would give me a .32 VDC output (very low ripple). Also I want to use my existing power supply that is a single supply, I can regulate it to +15V if need be. I have tried many experiments but all produce poor results, and just interfacing the high voltage line is a problem. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Eric

You need to use op amnps with a gain of 10. There have been plenty of posts recently about op amps.

As for isolating the current, you could use a current transformer. There is a recent post on this also.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back