Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

200 amp NC 240 AC Relay

albertson

I am looking for a 200 amp 240 volt AC Normally Open NO compact relay for a new device I am prototyping. Something similar in size to a car starter relay but 24 volt coil and normally closed. I will need to get UL listed so quality matters over cost.

As long as the coil is 24 volts AC, all of the major contactor manufacturers should offer them.
Eaton, Schneider, ABB, Danfoss, Fuji, Siemens, Potter & Brumfield and many others.
Although your Normally Closed requirements will narrow your choice.
Do a parametric search in industrial equipment distributors like Grainger.

Digikey, Mouser, RS or electrical suppliers as ST said above.

Yes, it is easier to con somebody into searching for you, but it's a skill you'll need to learn if you're going to market things.

Guys, I am an electrical engineer with a PE and have run Master Electrical Services LLC for 20 years.

Note that I stated that it needs to be the size of a car starter but here is a picture to help explain.

1691072230031.png

These are all normally open...... NO. As I stated, I need normally closed at 200 amps. Does not have to switch under load.

I have searched over 30 websites and contacted 4 MFGs asking if they would make one

Those who would like to help would be VERY much appreciated

You have a typo in the question, which is probably causing some confusion..
I am looking for a 200 amp 240 volt AC Normally Open NO compact relay

I've seen industrial gear in the past, but it is getting rare, as the typical use was a brake contact for use with a large DC motor, to connect a brake resistor across the armature when it was stopped.

However, google can find some stuff;

These have both NO and NC 200A contacts:

Thank you for the lead! It is getting closer to what I want. I do not need (or want) the NO part but for a test piece I could use it but need 24 VAC or 120 VAC. I checked the website (United Kingdom but that would be ok) but no longer available. I will try to track down the MFG to see if they can make one. Thinking of trying to take one apart and have a chassis 3D printed for normally closed. Any leads on some who does that would be appreciated.

Thank you! Great to know what to search for. They do have the NC model but out of stock. I will keep checking other suppliers now that I know what to search for.

Doug

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back