Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC couple amplifier output

Status
Not open for further replies.

col_implant

Hi,

I have a sinewave signal which my generator outputs, it ranges between 500Hz and 10kHz. It is about 600mV in amplitude (pk-pk) with an offset of about 1.2V. I want to convert this into an AC coupled signal of 2V pk-pk. So I have use a simple inverting amplifier configuration with a capacitor in series with the input resistor to 'block' the DC offset.

I still see a positive offset in my output signal, so I added a lowpass RC filter. Now I am seeing a negative offset at the output of the RC filter.

If I AC couple my input should my output not automatically be AC coupled???

Also how is the DC bias getting through my output RC filter.

Maybe I'm going about this totally the wrong way, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

C

Hi,

I have a sinewave signal which my generator outputs, it ranges between 500Hz and 10kHz. It is about 600mV in amplitude (pk-pk) with an offset of about 1.2V. I want to convert this into an AC coupled signal of 2V pk-pk. So I have use a simple inverting amplifier configuration with a capacitor in series with the input resistor to 'block' the DC offset.

I still see a positive offset in my output signal, so I added a lowpass RC filter. Now I am seeing a negative offset at the output of the RC filter.

If I AC couple my input should my output not automatically be AC coupled???

Also how is the DC bias getting through my output RC filter.

Maybe I'm going about this totally the wrong way, any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

C

hi,
I assume you are using dual power supplies to the OPA.?

Post your circuit and we can help sort it.:)

Amplifiers often have a built-in output offset. Why not just capacitively couple the output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back