Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about 4033 IC....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

Can the 4033 ic hold the out put???
if yes then what'll be the circuit?plz post a circuit.i need it very much for a frequency counter.

It can only hold the output when it is not counting. If you need to hold the previous value while counting, you will need a counter with output latches such as the CD40110.

It can only hold the output when it is not counting. If you need to hold the previous value while counting, you will need a counter with output latches such as the CD40110.

Is it same as 4026? in 4026 holds the data when clock is disable.

if i'm using 4510 and 4511, will it help me? bcz i think 4511 can hold the display, even in the counting is on.

I not referring to holding the data when the clock is disabled. All counters do that.

The 4511 has a latch, so that, along with the 4510, will also hold the last count while you are doing the next count (with the proper latch signal).

I not referring to holding the data when the clock is disabled. All counters do that.

The 4511 has a latch, so that, along with the 4510, will also hold the last count while you are doing the next count (with the proper latch signal).

Ok.then. i just see the pin details for 40110, what does the pin 'toggle enable' and 'borrow' do?

The "toggle enable" enables the counting when at a logic low. It stops the counting when at a logic high.

If you look at Figure 15 in the data sheet (reading the complete data sheet is always helpful :rolleyes:) you will see how to connect the 'borrow' and 'carry' signal when cascading more than one counter.

ok. sure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back