Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

900Mhz/1800Mhz Cellphone detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to, but I can't imagine what you actually need. It seems, and correct me if I'm wrong, that you want to snag some kind of circuit off the internet that you can build and pass it off as some kind of project for some kind of credit in some kind of course. I personally don't think that this activity will be very beneficial since becoming intimately familiar with the operation of and theory behind the circuit seems almost incidental to your purpose. You might as well build an HHO generator and claim that you've solved the world's energy problems. Then defy your instructor to prove you wrong.

Actually we just need to pass a working project in order for our school to release our trancripts!!! That's our problem actually, we're very familiar with the theory but we can't apply it. I know what you're trying to point out. But this conversation is already pointless since we know it's our FAULT! you can preach all you want but sh*t happens. you just can't do anything about it and that only leaves you to turn to people like you who could help. i hope you understand me.

i'm having a problem right now. since the ckt below could only detect one frequency band, what should i do for both 900Mhz and 1800Mhz? should i just add a coil parallel to it?

**broken link removed**

Despite your grasp on theory which you "can't apply", a coil in parallel will not do the job. A second coil and a DPDT switch might do the the job.

Last edited:
I think that these cell phone detector projects are very old. Maybe the circuits were designed long before cell phones were invented. No wonder they do not work.

They might detect a cell phone when they are touching, then the RF will overload the input of the opamp.

Just imagine the embarasment of "detecting" a cellphone only to find that the alleged perpetrator doesn't even own one. That's a surefire cure for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

Last edited:
Haven't you seen Instructables projects?
They are designed by little kids who know nothing about electronics.

i am in final year of be electronics. i want project ideas.
it may be based on controller or on power electonics.
if u have any ckts or know about any sites plz send me the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back