7-bit binary adder/subractor . how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvzzz

this is the Logic diagram inside a 7483 4-bit binary adder/subractor ..

View attachment 67720

hopefuLLy .. somebody wouLd be abLe to give me the equivaLent circuit for a 7-bit inputs

a very big big big thanks in advance pro's .. hehehe

+5V

Last edited:
That chip is cascadable to any width in multiples of 4 bits. Why not just use two of them? heh heh

Last edited:
reaLLy ? can you give me the equivaLent cascaded circuit using 2 7483 ? knowing that ,, maybe I can derive that thing using onLy basic Logic gates . I want to impLement it that way because our task is to design a 7-bit binary adder/subractor without using any speciaL kind of ic .. hehehe

- the mini caLcuLator

View attachment 67729

+5V

Last edited:
Can't you just cascade 7 . Subtraction implies complementing one of the two inputs, and putting a one to the carry-in of the low order adder.

Last edited:
finaLLy .. i made to design the 7 bit adder using the Logic Ly simuLator .. hehehehehe

View attachment 67764 ..

and now with a subtactor . assuming .. when M is Low then ADD , when High then SUBTRACT

if im not mistaken .. can i just XOR the B's with M as a new input for the second operand ? im not too sure though

+5V

Last edited:
Xor (or maybe its XNor) the seven bits you want to subtract. Wire the subtract control signal M to all seven Xors. Assuming you are doing twos-complement, then the subtract control signal M also goes to the carry-in of the low order full adder.

Ones complement: to negate a number, complement every bit.
Twos complement: to negate a number, complement every bit, and add one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…