Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-bit binary adder/subractor . how ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvzzz

this is the Logic diagram inside a 7483 4-bit binary adder/subractor ..

View attachment 67720

hopefuLLy .. somebody wouLd be abLe to give me the equivaLent circuit for a 7-bit inputs :D

a very big big big thanks in advance pro's .. :) :) :) hehehe

+5V

Last edited:
That chip is cascadable to any width in multiples of 4 bits. Why not just use two of them? heh heh

Last edited:
reaLLy ? can you give me the equivaLent cascaded circuit using 2 7483 ? knowing that ,, maybe I can derive that thing using onLy basic Logic gates . I want to impLement it that way because our task is to design a 7-bit binary adder/subractor without using any speciaL kind of ic .. hehehe :D :D

- the mini caLcuLator

View attachment 67729

+5V

Last edited:
Can't you just cascade 7 . Subtraction implies complementing one of the two inputs, and putting a one to the carry-in of the low order adder.

Last edited:
finaLLy .. i made to design the 7 bit adder using the Logic Ly simuLator .. hehehehehe :D

View attachment 67764 ..

and now with a subtactor . assuming .. when M is Low then ADD , when High then SUBTRACT

if im not mistaken .. can i just XOR the B's with M as a new input for the second operand ? im not too sure though :( :(

+5V

Last edited:
Xor (or maybe its XNor) the seven bits you want to subtract. Wire the subtract control signal M to all seven Xors. Assuming you are doing twos-complement, then the subtract control signal M also goes to the carry-in of the low order full adder.

Ones complement: to negate a number, complement every bit.
Twos complement: to negate a number, complement every bit, and add one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back