Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Timer Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RATabora

Hey all,

This is my first post. Here we go!

I have about a 25ns pulse of 3.3V, that I want to delay to a 200ms pulse with a 555 timer. The problem I am having is that the 555 timer only accepts <2/3 of Vcc as a high output. I want to have anything >2/3 Vcc to give a high output. Does anyone know how to do that without introducing too many complicated parts?

Thank you!!

I think a 25ns pulse is too short to trigger a 555.

Invert the +3.3V to trigger the timer at its trigger input with a low going pulse edge. Supply the timer with any voltage up to 14V to get the desired output level.

Last edited:
Wow thank you all! I will be looking into the 74LV123 for sure as it DOES seem that a 25ns pulse is too short for a 555 timer. Unfortunately I was basing the fact that it would work on a Multisim simulation.

I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Hmm, it appears that the 74LV123 will be perfect for what I need. But I can't find the spice model to simulate it!

I did however find the CD4538BC Dual Precision Monostable Multivibrator in Multisim. However, the min spec on pulse width on input is 35ns, so I believe the 74LV123 would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back