Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer delay pulse output?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The button is controlling the power going thru the circuit, and outputing at the other end...it's a momentary switch, so as soon as I let go, the output ceases, correct? Yes thats correct

If the 555 can take 12v, then I also have 7812's I can use...

You cant regulate using a 7812 from a a 12V car battery.

ericgibbs said:
The button is controlling the power going thru the circuit, and outputing at the other end...it's a momentary switch, so as soon as I let go, the output ceases, correct? Yes thats correct

If the 555 can take 12v, then I also have 7812's I can use...

You cant regulate using a 7812 from a a 12V car battery.

I have 7812's in my car regulating LED drivers...
A running car has voltage over 14v, and even when it's off, it would seem there is enough voltage differential for the 7812 to work properly...
Anyway, I'll just use a 1/4W or 1/2W resistor then...surely this would work!

hi,
This modified cct will give you what you want.

1. When the switch is pushed there will be 2 second delay before the relay operates.

2. When the switch is released the power to the cct and relay is switched OFF.

3. The cct dosnt require any regulators.

The relay you have is a 12Vdc, 0.13A coil.

A 7812 Vreg requires 3V across to operate, that is to give +12Vout.

Last edited:
...except I can't get a reply about buying one!
Maybe you can explain your design a little 'easier' for me to understand?
And what components are used/lables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back