Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 Way Momentery Latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh00

Hi,

I'm looking for a device that will allow 4 momentry active low or high, don't mind, inputs to toggle a set of outputs.
When any of the buttons is pressed, it will set the other 3 outputs low, and set its output high.
Even better if it has an inbuilt binary encoder so that there are two outputs giving either 00, 01, 10, or 11.

Anyone know of a chip to do this?
Thanks

True, but it would have to be a 16 pin chip I'm guessing and I'd like to avoid having to have any with the external oscillators, etc just for size reasons. Having said that, any discrete logic chips would probably be just as large!
I'll investigate!

I would use one of many 8 pin microcomputers. Four inputs 2 outputs gnd and supply. I have used the PIC12F508. At 100 pieces it is $0.60. If you need help with programming it, write me.

bh00 said:
True, but it would have to be a 16 pin chip I'm guessing and I'd like to avoid having to have any with the external oscillators, etc just for size reasons. Having said that, any discrete logic chips would probably be just as large!
I'll investigate!
hi,
Look at the HEF4514 or HEF4515 1 of 16 decoders, with input latches.

Get the datasheet from www.datasheetarchive.com

If you need some help on how to use the device, post.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back