Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

13 years of stupidity confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today went well. Sat him down and explained stuff to him that an old Veteran of repairs can do. The basics Started with resistors. He knows the colour codes... the multipliers confuse him. Took 20 minutes of my time and he can now understand bands on resistors and what they mean. He never to understand practically what he had been taught.... now he does. Probably my most rewarding day here in 13 years. He left here this this afternoon with a huge appreciated grin on his face. My smile was bigger. One step at a time and I will get him up to speed with correlating theory and practical. So he UNERSTANDS it all and it makes sense to him. I feel like I've hit the jackpot.... I can't wait to teach him more tomorrow...and he can't wait to get to work. A win win situation. Thanks ETO for your patience with me.

You're a deep site. With deep knowledge of not only electronics but life too. That's what makes you so special. I'm emotional but hey. Today was an exceptional day for me.

Will try Mike. At least tomorrow is a working day again. Not so bored lol.

SONA again tonight. Our "state of the nation" All the clowns are gathered in their brightly coloured attire. Only the genuine chose subdued colours. Clowns need colour.

Cyril Ramaphosa talking crap. President Cyril Ramaphosa. He's made his Billions. He's just a mouthpiece.

Normal ANC promises...so the looting can continue

Unabated.

Lemme go.

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

All the promises.... but once again...no way to actually do it

I'm so over this crap.

It's once again the ANC buying time to loot the country with the well connected Cadres

THE ANC VOTER BASE IS STUPID. They.just.dont.get.it.

We are doomed. Thats the truth. Another failed African state.

Why would it be any other?

History doesn't lie.

It's just taking longer here. More to steal

Ok. I'm the the last living TV tech. A tech that knows stuff. Noone want to help the stupid ANC voters anymore. I feel sorry for these dumb @@@@. I rescue what I can. Other sets I reject.

It's like a vicious cycle. I'm overwhelmed with work. We've got sets coming here from up to and including about 100kms away.

It's such a @@@@up to witness this happening. Noone wants to help stupids anymore. I'm full of @@@@... but at least I try for them. Rescue probably 8 out of every 10 sets.

And it's getting more and more hectic.

Word gets around. As full of @@@@ as I am.....I take pride in my work.

Aaaanyway..... I'm not dead yet. Lol.

Gotta roll with the punches.

Tvtech

TV, moderate your language please, you get an easy ride with some of your rants, so just stop the effing and blinding - passing friendly moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sowwy. I'm just glad I got the grr out
Thank you passing friendly Mod.

Tvtech

I've decided no moaning tonight. Instead I did a Google search for "Nokia 1 manufacturer" And FOXCONN is listed. So I checked it out:

Wow. 800K employees. They manufacture an estimated 40 percent of worldwide electronic products.

They manufacture for among others Apple, Acer, Hewlett Packard and Nokia as of late. Interesting stuff I thought.

Regards
Tvtech

From their website:

Foxconn IAI

As the rise of new technologies such as AI, Big Data, IoT and Cloud Computing disrupt traditional manufacturing models, the term “Intelligent Manufacturing” has gained prominence in recent years. “Intelligent Manufacturing” refers to the process, system and models of advanced manufacturing that possess intelligent characteristics such as self-sensing, self-adaptive and self-decision-making features. “Intelligent Manufacturing” consists of four key components, including an intelligent factory platform that directs the scale of manufacturing with intelligent production lines at its core. An end-to-end data flow is leveraged as a foundation, which is supported by pillars of interconnected networks.

Enterprises can fully leverage these cutting-edge technologies to maximize reliability, predictive and intelligent competencies that bring real value to the business and ensure resilience to potential risks. Building upon the concept of Industrial Internet centered around “Cloud Computing, Mobile Terminal, IoT, Big Data, AI, Network, and Robots”, Foxconn harnesses the benefits of AI to extract meaningful analytical insights from production lines and merge them with various flows, including human flow, process flow, information flow, technical flow and money flow, optimizing efficiency for our clients across the globe, improving quality and reducing cost of manufacturing. Among all advanced technologies deployed across operations, the five lights-out factories at Foxconn exemplify the potential of an emerging manufacturing model which is fully integrated with intelligent capabilities. With a fully automated manufacturing process that engages over 60,000 robots and 5,000 types of testing equipment, we operate in a centralized big data repository that stores all kinds of data extracted from manufacturing processes, leveraging an industrial AI system that maximizes the benefits of Industrial Internet applications such as PHM, flexible factory and reliable logistics systems. The model has effectively reduced the cost of labor, enabled smooth and barrier-free communication between staff, end-to-end equipment and the AI centers, and optimized sensor-equipped robotic operations in factories. Such a model has been named by the World Economic Forum as the factory of the future.

Equipped with AI, Networking and Cloud Computing, Foxconn has become a pioneer of the "Advanced Manufacturing + Industrial Internet" ecosystem. Foxconn is committed to providing high-quality, premium products, services and solutions that maximizes positive human impact across eight dominant areas of life – work, education, entertainment, family and social interaction, security, health, environmental protection transportation.

Enterprises can fully leverage these cutting-edge technologies to maximize reliability, predictive and intelligent competencies that bring real value to the business and ensure resilience to potential risks. Building upon the concept of Industrial Internet centered around “Cloud Computing, Mobile Terminal, IoT, Big Data, AI, Network, and Robots”, Foxconn harnesses the benefits of AI to extract meaningful analytical insights from production lines and merge them with various flows, including human flow, process flow, information flow, technical flow and money flow, optimizing efficiency for our clients across the globe, improving quality and reducing cost of manufacturing.

And there is not a single thing is that whole paragraph that actually has any definite, factual meaning, in relation to the company itself.

I reckon there must be a database of words and phrases that all marketing people use, with all the "buzzwords" that sound good to non technical readers but have absolutely no formal meaning, so not one can argue with whatever claims they make!

It's still interesting though.

60K robots working and 800K plus employees too. Huuuge undertaking.

I was like 0____0

It's still interesting though.

60K robots working and 800K plus employees too. Huuuge undertaking.
Absolutely true, it is an incredible company.

I just find the "advertising blurb" that people come up with rather amusing!

How's it in England mate? It's cold here in SA. I'm not a Winter person.

Gonna light a fire
Maybe not a good idea now.
Raining and cold. I'm a typical SA wimp lol. I'm used to sunny skies. Nope I'm not playing with matches now. Nope. Or heaters. Gonna chill. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back