Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vdc alternating Flasher circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
sooo idk bout the rest of you but im having too much fun now, im talking to a guy from California that talks about common sense and a guy from Ohio that thinks he has me figured out from 500 miles away. this is just too fun.

Lets see; Juvenile, short tempered, sophomoric, has a high risk job, demands respect, & probably heavy drinker. Just to get started, yep I think I got you pegged!

mikebits i would pay to see your governator beat up mine, quite frankly the guy needs a couple smacks upside the head to figure out that he is screwing up just a tad more than the last one did and by tad i mean crashing cop cars and bankrupting the state is way more than just coming out of the closet

Now you anga meee...

**broken link removed**

I had nothing to do with your rep, I don't give bad raps even when someone acts poorly.

Lets see; Juvenile (only when its fun), short tempered (nope), sophomoric(sorry, cant say i am, dont like to wear suits), has a high risk job(yup), demands respect(sure y not), & probably heavy drinker(only on days that end in Y).

im getting bored, you have anything original yet. mikebits took the cake so far with the Arnold pic top him.

I wish I had, but can you go lower than 'bad'?

Hey '1216' when this all hits you tomorrow, and you realize not everyone likes you, and you cry about it, try to do it privately.

I have been to Navy firefighting school so I know any fireman should know the answer to this question. What is the best chemical dry agent used for class B fires? If you take too long I know you Googled...

tic, tic...

Last edited:
it is tomorrow here by the way. so people dont like me because im an prick, sounds alright to me im not trying to be popular, just trying to have some fun in this life while im still alive. wellll i think im gonna go now the wife just got home. hope you find something to do while im away. bbye

mikebits, baking soda works just fine and by the way they dont teach you that in fireschool around here. heres a question u should know navyboy what is AFFF and what is it used for. think fast

You did not answer my question. Baking soda is incorrect. I have no idea what AFFF is. I am not a firefighter, I only went through Navy firefighting school, all sailors do.
-------------------------edit------------------

Had to google it, yes I remember that. We called it A triple F, did not hit me shown as AFFF. I went to firefighting school in 1979, memory is old. On my ship we used protein foams and not AFFF.

Last edited:
thats funny cuz u should know what it is because it is the foam concentrate that is standard according to NFPA for petroleum based fires. its an alcohol based foam concentrate that u induct at a 3%/gallon rate and it floats ontop of the oil and smothers the flames. guess they teach different things in different places. and class B dry chem is either potassium bicarbonate or mono ammonium phosphate or sodium bicarbonate. there is no best they all work off the same principal of either halting the chemical reaction or making a crust on the surface of the liquid to smother the fire.

Potassium bicarbonate works 4-5 times better than sodium bicarbonate. Have a google on PKP or Purple K powder.

things have changed since the late 70's, ya know i really dont see why u were giving me such a hard time in the first place. really it shouldnt concern you what im going to do with my lights, i wouldnt be asking for help online for something illegal, like really as someone who has been there and done that you should atleast have some idea where im coming from wanting to put those lights in my rear window. people drive like ******** and unless your are lit up like a christmass tree you will need a new bumper soon enough (i just replaced mine last month after someone decided to use my truck to stop their car, not a fun day)

things have changed since the late 70's, ya know i really dont see why u were giving me such a hard time in the first place. really it shouldnt concern you what im going to do with my lights, i wouldnt be asking for help online for something illegal, like really as someone who has been there and done that you should atleast have some idea where im coming from wanting to put those lights in my rear window. people drive like ******** and unless your are lit up like a christmass tree you will need a new bumper soon enough (i just replaced mine last month after someone decided to use my truck to stop their car, not a fun day)

Your kinda right. I really did act a little out of place. Accept my apology for my poor behavior. I am really not so grumpy... How about we start over :)

i know purple K not the biggest fan of it around these parts, its overkill for most of the applications here, since we deal with mostly vehicle or building fires we carry alot of AFFF and class D and CO2. oh please tell me your not an avid fan of high pressure, there is an old timer on my dept that wont shut up about high pressure from the old days

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back