Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v DC conditioner/regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosstalk

Our FIRST robotics team is finishing another robot, one which will be used in mobile situations (i.e. no 120v AC power is available). Our team has plenty of 12v DC batteries, however, and an operator interface (control system) that wants regulated 12v power.

Are there any inexpensive (sub-$20, hopefully...) pre-built DC-DC converters that will convert 10-13 volt DC power from a lead-acid battery into 12v DC power?

Thank you.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm looking for a complete, pre-built circuit, not just an IC (around which a circuit would need to be built).

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes, Ive recently used a DC-DC converter from the MORNSUN range, it takes in 9-18 V and provides a stable 12V output. They come in a variety of power packages i.e. 3Watts up to 10Watts.

DataSheet WRB1212ZP-3W

Regards,
StudentSA

I've decided to go with an inverter to power the AC brick...

An inverter would be more generally useful than a 12v supply.

Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back