1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

please help with my crossroad traffic light project...

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by D@rkL0rd, Jun 22, 2014.

1. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

no its the same on circuit wizard too....i am only this close please help...

2. DerStrom8

DerStrom8 Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

I don't think you quite understand what SPICE is.... :p

SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) is a simulation program/algorithm that is used in most common circuit simulators, such as Proteus, Multisim, Pspice, and so on. I am not sure if Circuit Wizard uses it or not, but in case it does, I said it might be a SPICE glitch--not a problem with one of the individual programs.

3. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

i thought u were talking about LTSpice....:D:p
    so it sould work in real life right...

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. DerStrom8

Haha nope, just SPICE in general :)

I imagine it should work in real life. The only way to know for sure is to just go ahead and build it!

Good luck!
    Matt

6. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

thnx... i will try it as soon as i can get a holiday from my school...it will in 2-3 days ...as there is no hobby shop near me and only one is in deep city...thanx for all your help...

7. DerStrom8

No problem. Keep us posted on your progress!

8. JoeJester

JoeJester Active Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

The real lighting sequence depends on which country you're in. In the UK it's red, red+amber, green, amber, red .....

10. alec_t

By default, LTspice starts off a sim by trying to work out DC operating points for the circuit. Set Spice to 'Skip initial operating point solution' and you'll find Q0 is correctly set in the first loop.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

i am in india and here ir is red,green-amber,green... i have uploaded the logic table in post number #56....

12. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

i know the only change required is that instead of green led going off the red led should go off...

13. audioguru

audioguru Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

The traffic lights in my part of Canada have a couple of seconds where they are all red to allow the intersection to clear cars that are turning or are running the amber light. Your light sequence allows for T-bone crashes.

14. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

so u mean this is only a simulataor prob...and this will work int he real life circuit...

15. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

i know but i have to design a circuit for the given logic table only... i posted it in the #56...

16. audioguru

I designed an LED chaser circuit that uses a 74HC4017 high speed and high current counter that works from a 2V to 7V supply. The 74HC4017 works the same as a CD4017 counter.

It begins with the counter reset, the clock low and the LEDs turned off. The reset goes high but the LEDs are still turned off so that the 1st LED (pin 3) does not light then the clock goes high which turns on the LEDs and the 2nd LED (pin 2) lights.
    I have it starting with the 2nd LED because it stops after lighting the 9th LED (pin 9) then it looks symmetrical.
    After the 10 LEDs have lighted 4 times around and around in a circle, the clock stops, the counter is reset and the LEDs are turned off for a pause. Then after the pause it begins chasing again.
    The LEDs have the pause and have a circuit that blinks each LED on for only 15ms so that the battery lasts a long time.

Attached Files:

17. alec_t

The only certain things in life are Death and Taxes :). I don't have a 4017 to hand so can't breadboard the circuit. Build it and see.

• Like Like x 1
  18. audioguru

Not for me.
    I beat death when I had a heart attack and they fixed me so now I am better than new. I was blinded with cataracts so they fixed my eyes and now they are also better than new.
    I am a senior so I do not pay any taxes, they pay me (a pension). I even buy almost everything at a discount.

19. JoeJester

JoeJester Active Member

Every circuit starts out at zero ... in real life, because the power is OFF until you turn the power switch ON.

20. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

do u know to to this on circuit wizard because i cant find out the option...

21. D@rkL0rd

D@rkL0rd Member

sir can you please suggest me the resistor values for each pin to be high for 1 sec doestnt matter what is high time or low time ...itried but its not showing the desired results...accoding to me the r1 registor should be of 50k and r2 sholud be of 100k to get high time of 0.693 sec and low time of 0.3465 sec...but the simulator is not showing the desired result...