Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to destroy a stereo player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
People with tin ears don't know when a stereo is messing up.

so, these gypies have tin ears now. Isn't that just a tad presumptuous to assume? My parents though Led Zep was just noise...

I'm not talking about some HF rolloff or doubling THD, I'm talking nasty wierd interference. out of sync bass and such. I'm sure even tin ears could tell that.

The problem remains that there is no practical way you can project enough EMP energy to destroy or even disrupt a stereo at any useful range.

If you had the resources and skill to do such a thing, they're better spent buying a plane ticket out the country, coming to the USA, get a job consulting with a military contractor on how to build these dangerous devices, and happily retire in the gypsy-free community of your choice on your seven-figure bank account.

I like the idea of making their wall resonate lol. Go out and buy or download the same songs that they have and start playing the same song on the resonators that they are playing. If you can get the track playing just 1 sec behind theirs then they will be all confused. Or you can blast Led Zepplin into their apartment.

If he got some kind of AM or FM transmitter near the cd player could he cause some interference? Every time my cell phone gets a call I get massive interference in my radio and have to turn the volume down. Could he do something similar? (probably illegal though)

Oznog said:
If you had the resources and skill to do such a thing, they're better spent buying a plane ticket out the country, coming to the USA, get a job consulting with a military contractor on how to build these dangerous devices, and happily retire in the gypsy-free community of your choice on your seven-figure bank account.
Why would anybody want to go to the USA to be a cotton-picker for only 4 bucks an hour??

Hmmm... You want to destroy his stereo player ?
Actually, where's the problem? There're several ways to solve this:

Plan A: ( peaceful )
1. Talk to him
2. If nothing changes, try to call the police
3. If they are not keen on helping you, talk with him again, and try to sound harmful.
4. If this does not help, this is a direct declaration of war - then choose plan B, which could be like the following:

Plan B:
1. Give him one last possibility to change his future.
2. If he does not agree to turn down the stereo player, then build some sort of directed energy weapon =) and blast his player away.

to clarify things: this post is a pure joke... btw. I love gypsy music, and the people

Last edited:
Ambient said:
Every time my cell phone gets a call I get massive interference in my radio and have to turn the volume down. Could he do something similar?
My cell phone causes loud noises to my PC speakers(even when the computer is off, speakers on), and my alarm clock. It seems as though anything with an amp and power is interfered with. I would like to know what type of interference this is. While I'm at my computer, I always know when my cell phone is about to ring, because of the loud noise my speakers emit.

dknguyen said:
It's EM interference. What kind of answer were you looking for exacty?
:D Point taken. I guess it was a silly statement. I just meant to agree with ambient. The interference ranks about a 8 out of 10 on my annoyance scale!:mad: I suppose if you were trying to annoy someone this may be a good thing to duplicate.

Sig239 said:
My cell phone causes loud noises to my PC speakers(even when the computer is off, speakers on), and my alarm clock. It seems as though anything with an amp and power is interfered with. I would like to know what type of interference this is. While I'm at my computer, I always know when my cell phone is about to ring, because of the loud noise my speakers emit.

everytime a cell phones recieves a call. it sends back handshake signals to the tower.. These are strong enough to disturb the magnetic field variation in the speaker..

desperadogear said:
everytime a cell phones recieves a call. it sends back handshake signals to the tower.. These are strong enough to disturb the magnetic field variation in the speaker..

If cellphone emissions are strong enough to effect speakers, aren't you even a little concerned about the effects on your brain cells? I believe bad things will happen with excessive use...

HarveyH42 said:
If cellphone emissions are strong enough to effect speakers, aren't you even a little concerned about the effects on your brain cells? I believe bad things will happen with excessive use...

As I'm sure you already know, it's NOT affecting the speakers, it's affecting the sensitive electronics inside the unit. Place a mobile phone directly next to an un-connected speaker any you won't hear a thing!.

However, there have long been concerns about the possible dangers of mobile phones, but (as far as I'm aware?) there's never been a study that has proved they represent any danger? - and it's a frequently studied subject!.

I find that one minute you read a study which seems to promise that mobile phones (and other RF technology) is causing enough damage to bring harm to you or your children, and yet other studies seem to suggest they aren't harmful at all. Both sides of the fence seem to proclaim their studies as scientific evidence, so which do you believe?

Personally, I'd rather believe it doesn't harm me so I'll go with that until it's proved otherwise ;)

Brian

Nigel Goodwin said:
As I'm sure you already know, it's NOT affecting the speakers, it's affecting the sensitive electronics inside the unit. Place a mobile phone directly next to an un-connected speaker any you won't hear a thing!.

However, there have long been concerns about the possible dangers of mobile phones, but (as far as I'm aware?) there's never been a study that has proved they represent any danger? - and it's a frequently studied subject!.

The research mainly would involve immediate dangers, to avoid bad PR or medical legal concerns. A large majority of the population seem to have turned into cellphone zombies. We had a woman at work about two weeks ago, hysterical because she couldn't find her phone (left it in her husbands car...). She must have had a dozen people searching around the warehouse, breakroom, trashcans for atleast an hour (this just the part I could see from where I work near the main entrance and time clocks). The husband called the office and left a message, which eventually ended the search. Can't remember such a commotion over lost car keys. It was like she lost her child.

Cell phones seem to be a lot like credit cards, the consumer pays a huge fee for a status symbol, but recieve little in return.

HarveyH42 said:
Cell phones seem to be a lot like credit cards, the consumer pays a huge fee for a status symbol, but recieve little in return.

Presumably you don't have kids?, it's very, very, very! nice to be able to get hold of your kids when you don't know where they are (I'm not talking little kids, more like teenagers!).

Even if they ring up and say "I've missed the bus, can you fetch me", at least they are keeping in touch!.

zachtheterrible said:
find their breaker box and unload a couple kv on the breaker that the radio uses:D

that's dangerous but it might just work....get a transformer from a fluorescent light..one with 2 wires on the output and hook it into the panel wires making sure to isolate everything else

to find the breaker, make sure hes out, plug in a circuit tracer from home depot in there and run the hand held unit down the breakers until it beeps.

hook up one output of the balast to the black wire cumming out of the one breaker you know is being used.

pull the white wire from the system as well as the ground in the panel and hook the white wire from the panel to the white of the balast...blast that for a few seconds and you should have a dead radio.

seems like it would work...

time to go look up Roland Star Transducers...something like that reminds me of the Blue Man Group "Drum Wall" :D

fedra said:
Hello.
Please help me. I am desperate! I have big problems with my neighbor.
He listen very loud music (gypsy music) and I cannot work at my computer, I can read, I cannot sleep, I cannot listen my own music.

I want to create an impulse generator to emit a unidirectional field (I do not want to disturb other neighbors) to destroy or disturb his stereo player (it may be CD player or tape player) but for sure is not radio because this kind of music was banned from radio/TV.

Do you have any ideas how to start?

I would instead go on ebay and buy me a sound meter, for little or nothing. And then I would record and keep a written record of date, time and decibel levels for a while. Then call the police, if no results. take them to court and make them pay dearly.

Rolf said:
Then call the police, if no results. take them to court and make them pay dearly.
He is in Romania. You must be thinking about a civilized country with a legal system.

Hero999 said:
Seriously I don't see how it's any worse than hip-hop.

Oh boy!
You are wrong.
If you have DC++ or something like this just do a search and download some mp3 files.
Search for 'manele'...
...and don't throw up.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Anti manele:
**broken link removed**

Quote:
Manele is criticized for its lyrical content, which mostly includes boasting about one's sexual capabilities, one's intellect ("Doamne ce ma duce capu", which translates to "God my mind works so well"), the ability to attract members of the opposite sex ("Toate gagicile mele", "All my bitches"; "Am gagici top-model", "I've got top-model bitches"; "Gagicile ma agata", "Chicks pick me up"), or wealth ("Toti banii", "All the money"), sometimes all in one song. Some singers intentionally use bad grammar, repetitive and simplistic rhymes and sometimes even vulgarity and misogynism

:eek:

audioguru said:
He is in Romania. You must be thinking about a civilized country with a legal system.

Finally, somebody understands my situation.
The gypsies are like wolfs. They are always in big groups.
You cannot fight against them.
You cannot call the cops. They (the police) do not care, and after the cop's leaves, you remain with your neighbors: THE GYPSIES. Finally, they will throw some gasoline in your apartment and booom.

Finally, in Romania peoples started to speak and sometimes even to protest in the streets against gypsies. Only at a very low level because they are afraid and not even 10% as violent as gypsies are.

In addition, our government can do nothing (actually, they help the gypsies) because we must integrate in UE in 2007. They said that we treat the gypsies very bad.
It is easy to see the situation in this way because they do not have 10 dirty gypsies as neighbors and think about gypsies as a romantic/old way of free living.

Well they settled, they found out that the police are corrupted, they meet some Russian / Chinese mafias, the started to make illegal money over the border and now they are a very powerful... Moreover, my ancestor protected them and they first came here 400 years ago. Now they started to eat this country.
It is amazing that after 45 years under the influence of big red Russia we still have our language intact. Even older in time after few hundred year of Turkish and Hungarian empire and our language/culture is still clean.
However, the gypsies started to infiltrate their bad influences.

So
I really want to build a device to stop this very bad music in my country.
We had a beautiful culture before communists came over us.
I think a radio emiter like the cell phone will do the job. Even if it will not burn the audio player, it will produce lot of noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back