1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to destroy a stereo player.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by fedra, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Nigel Goodwin

Nigel Goodwin Super Moderator Most Helpful Member

It works here better than anywhere else! - and fair numbers of people are evicted each year for noise pollution.

But get a load of mates, wear masks, and go round and wreck the place! :p

2. audioguru

audioguru Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

If you live in a welfare ghetto then the people there are inconsiderate slob animals.
    Move to a high class area and live like a human being.

3. wh666-666

wh666-666 New Member

Nigel, Harvey, that is an excellent idea.

I might consider that for neighbours a couple of streets away, who still cause large noise disturbances enough so it stops me sleeping.

However immediate neighbours who might know where I live, it may not be such a great idea, as I wouldnt want them to trash my property in revenge.

People do get evicted for noise pollution, but the severity and length of getting them evicted often drives away wholesome individuals first.

Unfortunately Guru, I live in one of the highest class areas within my town, but unfortunately nearly everywhere up here in the north west is a dump.

We were going to move down south years ago and get away from the north, but it came down to a choice of moving down south a few years ago, or emigrating in a few years from now.

We chose to emigrate in the long term, however I wish there were a solution that is annoymous for the mean time.

4. dave

Dave New Member

5. wh666-666

wh666-666 New Member

NB: I do have one idea if someone is willing to pose as a hi-fi engineer? ;)

6. HarveyH42

HarveyH42 Banned

There are usually a few accidents and mishaps at most parties, if you are careful, know one will actually know you were the cause. Loud music, usually means drunks and druggies, so if you don't partake, you have a huge advantage. If you set a drink or plate on the floor, in a high traffic area, somebody else is going to actually do the spilling. There are plenty of things that you can do discretely, that would go unnoticed until you are well out of way of suspicion. You don't really want any one person to be blamed, but the entire party experience. Maybe I just have a more devious mind, and a little more subtle in my ways. You just have to keep an open mind, a seize the opportunities that pop up. Just thought up another angle, find or make some 'fake' hidden cameras, and poorly conceal them in 'privacy' type areas, like the bathroom. The guests will suspect the hosts are perverts, or somebody from the party...

7. vissen

vissen New Member

how to destroy an audio player ????

8. ericgibbs

ericgibbs Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

hi and welcome.

To get some pleasure and a good work out, use a 14lb sledge hammer.:rolleyes:

E

9. Nebunica SL.

Nebunica SL. New Member

when i was in the romanian army we have a radiolocation station from the russian army, P14 or Oborona-14. when that station work it caught targets from europe and midle east. that station create a electromagnetic induction in all electrical or electronical devices on 200-300 m range, not enough to destroy them but enough to create a loud noise in the speakers. if you want a similarly device i believe is to expensive to recreate or to operate. it is unidirectional like you want but dangerous too. all the personal who operate at the station for long time got sick - skin diseases. i am interested also, but i am a beginner in electrocics.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  10. atferrari

atferrari Well-Known Member

I am afraid you are coming too late.

He used the recommended hammer and is in jail now. :wideyed:

11. cowboybob

cowboybob Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Welcome to ETO, Nebunica SL.!

We were ALL beginners at one time.

12. Nebunica SL.

Nebunica SL. New Member

I'm afraid not. I know that kind of gypsies. It doesn't work that way.
    The only way that work is to be smarter educated and sophisticated. I like to think that i am smarter than those noise gypsies but i am just an economist and i ask for help. Can anyone help me?

13. cowboybob

cowboybob Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Be glad to. Just not sure what it is you need help with.

14. Nebunica SL.

Nebunica SL. New Member

I want to destroy a stereo player... from a safe distance.
    I read on the web about magnetron, EMP generators or RF generators.
    I want to bild a device that jamm or destroy stereo player.

15. alec_t

alec_t Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Ah, you need a cannon with a sonic direction-finder attached for aiming it. I doubt that will go undetected if fired, though; so expect retaliation :(.

Edit: If someone does come up with a satisfactory gadget perhaps I can borrow it? My neighbour's son has just been given a drum-set for his birthday :).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. tvtech

tvtech Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

^^^^

LOL @ Alec

Good chirp :)

Regards,
    tvtech

17. ramuna

ramuna Member

How about buying a cheap microwave oven, say 850 watts, 2.45 GHz ISM band. Connect the output to a high gain antenna (Yagi, end fire helix, parabolic reflector etc - tons of designs online for this frequency, and commercially available as well). Aim the antenna at the offending stereo player (from inside your own house, so that its not visible from outside), switch on and fry the sensitive electronics of the stereo. If the stereo is that loud, nobody will be standing right next to it. Silent, stealthy and deadly:D.

18. dr pepper

dr pepper Well-Known Member

Destroying a stereo is difficult and probably not something you could easily put together.
    Interfering with one to the point of making it unuseable is possible, however its dangerous and we'd be breaking the law at least in this country explaining how to make one, as mentioned its not a great idea.
    Directionaltiy can be achived to an extent, however you almost certainly would be affecting innocent people too.
    Can you acces their fusebox?

19. atferrari

atferrari Well-Known Member

Say... to break the law in a diffeent way? :p :nailbiting: :joyful: :wideyed:

20. dr pepper

dr pepper Well-Known Member

Yes I spose.
    However such an act would only affect the guilty party (and the person doing it), instead of causing anyone innocent a problem (esp if they have medical equipment).

21. Nebunica SL.

Nebunica SL. New Member

dr pepper i see that you are from UK so i am sure that you know gypsy kind behavior. fusebox? they are too many, always stand in front of the building doing nothing all day and almost all night. I would not dare to mess their fusebox. I must admit that I'm kind of cowardly and chicken guy.
    ramuna that ideea is what i find on net and what i have in mind but i do not know the range of this device. I do not think it's powerful enough for a radius of 20 m at least.