Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless tv antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerman

hi
i need to make a wireless tv antenna..there is a hill in front of my house but theres also a road and train track in front of my house ( i can't run any cables from the antenna to the tv ) so if i can make some kind of wireless tv antenna to send the signal to my tv i can put a antenna on top of this hill and get all the local channels..any ideas??
thanks terry

What you are looking for is a TV repeater. However, there may be legal and licence restrictions regarding setting one up and its quite an overkill for one receiver :) :)
What might also work is something I have seen on my travels. The houses were down a deep valley and had no chance to fit tall enough antennas to receive TV. What they did was to erect a large reflector on the hill to bounce the signal down the valley. It was just a large flat metal panel on a frame, as big as a bill board, that was angled like a mirror to reflect the signal.

Would it possible to convert the signal from the antennae to light signal...maybe to a IR light or laser and aim it at a reciever on the house and decode to the TV?
~Mike

it's about 500 or 600 feet ..maybe i can run cable from the antenna to the bottom of the hill then put some kind of transmitter to send the signal to the house

Connect together two equal antenne, this configuration also can transmit the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back