Will this circuit work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another solution that will probably be rejected like all those already provided. This is based on the assumption that the HC-12 will be only be powered on for a low percentage of the time. A small 3 pole relay would isolate the power and the TX and RX lines. Although it would take more power than an purely electronic solution it may not matter due to the very low duty cycle. It would still need a resistor, a diode and a transistor or mosfet so it may also exceed the OP's maximum component count. Does anyone know if the HC-12 is legal in the UK as it is rated a 100 mW output at 433 MHZ ?

Les.

Taken...( My post #54) In my book an input tied to a transistor base is ' floating ' it has no driver.... , ( given no bias resistors ) it is just as easy to set an IO pin, LAT =1 and then TRIS as an output , with no opportunity of losing control

You've already 'lost control', unless you add something to pull the input pin high while it's still an input.

You are using a loopback circuit, much like Ford Motor Company did with their Duraspark ignition modules many years ago. If the ground loop remains open, will the transistor tolerate the open circuit?

Hi,
hi spec,
I made this exact circuit. It doesn’t work. The current to HC12 max out at 15.5mA..if I were to power the hc12 directly from my minipro VCC’s pin, it will work and I can see the current spike >20mA during transmission.. it’s like the pnp transistor don’t have enough current to power the hc12..what do u think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…