Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this circuit work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another solution that will probably be rejected like all those already provided. This is based on the assumption that the HC-12 will be only be powered on for a low percentage of the time. A small 3 pole relay would isolate the power and the TX and RX lines. Although it would take more power than an purely electronic solution it may not matter due to the very low duty cycle. It would still need a resistor, a diode and a transistor or mosfet so it may also exceed the OP's maximum component count. Does anyone know if the HC-12 is legal in the UK as it is rated a 100 mW output at 433 MHZ ?

Les.

Taken...( My post #54) In my book an input tied to a transistor base is ' floating ' it has no driver.... , ( given no bias resistors ) it is just as easy to set an IO pin, LAT =1 and then TRIS as an output , with no opportunity of losing control

You've already 'lost control', unless you add something to pull the input pin high while it's still an input.

You are using a loopback circuit, much like Ford Motor Company did with their Duraspark ignition modules many years ago. If the ground loop remains open, will the transistor tolerate the open circuit?

Hi lew,

This is the best bet for switching shield power lines from a controller. It provides isolation between the controller positive supply line and the shield supply positive line so that the shield positive line can be any voltage you like within reason. Of course, the circuit can be scaled for higher voltages/currents if required. The circuit also gives a very low voltage drop between the shield power supply + line and the shield + supply line.

spec
Hi,
Hi lew,

This is the best bet for switching shield power lines from a controller. It provides isolation between the controller positive supply line and the shield supply positive line so that the shield positive line can be any voltage you like within reason. Of course, the circuit can be scaled for higher voltages/currents if required. The circuit also gives a very low voltage drop between the shield power supply + line and the shield + supply line.

spec
hi spec,
I made this exact circuit. It doesn’t work. The current to HC12 max out at 15.5mA..if I were to power the hc12 directly from my minipro VCC’s pin, it will work and I can see the current spike >20mA during transmission.. it’s like the pnp transistor don’t have enough current to power the hc12..what do u think?

This thread stopped over 3.5 years ago. If you have a similar question, you should start your own thread.

You can include a link to this old thread in your first post as a way of describing your question.

ak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back