Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this circuit work and do what I want it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I just can't see whats wrong if it's working if it's not broke don't fix it right? I'm getting grouchy cos I'm nackered. So good night all

Hey just wondering if anyone knows a good website to learn basics of electronics, and what I should really focus on to start with?

The others who posted are right, using shunt switching isn't the correct and proper way of doing it, although I agree with you that if it works then there's no problem, as long as you're aware of its shortcomings.

Here's a couple of sites apart from the usual Wikipedia, Google, Howstuffworks etc.
Welcome to the Electronics Club
**broken link removed**

ok cheers hero, I'm gonna go away and do a bit of studying, and build the circuit really soon I hope. So I'll probably put a video up of the finished project if all goes well. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Back again, still trying to get an answer from the manufacturers forum but its like getting blood out of a stone. I've been thinking, The point I've got connected to the transistors base in my simulation takes the lows from a variable resistor. Obviously in the actual circuit that point will just be a constant 12v? So I figured I should connect a wire from the end of all the LEDs ground, (where it connects to the vu point on the LED controller) to the base of the transistors. So I did a bit of searching through their forum and someone was trying to do exactly the same thing (except their separate inverted circuits were just inverted and didn't have the added confusion of my dpdt switches so its input was switchable). And he asked if he should use the pulse width modulated fade signal to control the base of the npn transistor, and it was confirmed that it would work, and he set it up and it did work.

Would that signal be the fading signal coming from the vu pad (that all the LEDs gnd wires are connected too to control them.) Or is it likely to be like an output from the mosfet or something. I'm sorry if this is a really stupid question but if that isn't likely to be the source of that signal then could someone have a look at the schematics of the chip and hazard a guess at where that signal would come from please.

SICKmods : PulseVU > Build It

Hey all I emailed them through contact us and got an answer, tis a pad on the back of the chip which is the direct output of the pulse width modulated fade signal. And was told to connect that directly to the transistors base. So that should complete my circuit. I've ordered all the parts and I'll be back with results.

The circuit you've liked to makes sense.

Ever thought of getting a PIC programmer so you can program your own? That's all the IC is and the chances are you're paying a premium for having it preprogrammed to do a specific task.

I assembled a programmer a couple of years ago but I never got round to using it, partly due to the lack of a spare parallel port on my PC. I've ordered a new parallel card from China but it'll take ages to be delivered. Hopefully when it finally turns up, I can play with my programmer and get a simple LED flasher and timer working.

I plan to eventually, but at the moment I'm trying to bring basic skills up to scratch. I've managed to install a chip to read the xbox nand. And I'm planning to mod mod the hard drive with LED's an a hdd activity LED, Then the pulsevu 2x with inverters and the case modding so its all visible. I think once I've finished this project I'll need to get familiar with a lot of parts and what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back