wifi adhoc issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

so i got ethernet cable on my pc, I also got a wifi dongle. since i use the cable already, i wanted to switch the dongle to be ad-hoc, so i get tutorial and set up win 7 np , says ad-hoc is ready to go and is waiting for users.. but then I head out to my cellphone and scan for wifi, but network not found!?! , np google says not all dongles can do that... order some more junk on fleebay.

BUT the strange thing now is that i was setting up a new raspberry pi, when i noticed that the adhoc network is showing there and connecting ok!?! so its not a bad dongle? but then why cant phone find it?

Some phones won't connect to connections deemed a security risk (e.g. ad hoc networks). Apple, for example.

phone is samsung android .. it is able to detect the adhoc hosted from my other samsung phone
I set pc adhoc to wpa2 security , still no go on phone

u are right though , other pc s are able see adhoc too, so how can I make security adequate enough?

Last edited:
k i lied almost there... phone is connected to wifi freenet2 but no internet access

instructables put freenet2 on the wifi miniport adapter , but bridge is tied to tp-link adapter... but i cant bridge miniport to lan connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…