Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wich uv source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screech

I can't find the proper uv flouros as they don't pass Australian standards anymore.

I don't want to spend heaps of cash for something I will only use a few times, so what do I go for?

Does that 416 unit use normal domestic white flouros?
Can you use them?
I thought domestic ones are made with filltres to stop the harmfull uv from getting out.

What about the energy saving black fouros?
I even found some 12volt ones.
Are they the same?

Attachments

• lights_605.gif
    lights_605.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 221
hey screech where did you obtain the picture of the uv bulb???

have you tried jaycar electronics?? www.jaycar.com.au

they have those bulbs there. They have shopfronts in:

coburg
frankston
geelong
melbourne city
ringwood
springvale

From what i know these are still legal and pass Aus std. (well if they're still listed on the website they must be)

Direct link: **broken link removed**

Yeah , Jaycar sell them, but they are not the PROPER ones for exposing boards.
They probably only pass a fraction of the uv that proper fluoro UV light boxes pass.

When I rang "RS Components" for their Proper replacemant uv tubes, thay said " they don't pass australian standards any more. Sorry"

I have heard of people using:

The sun,
Plain 100 watt light bulbs,
plain white domestic fluoros,
Disco black fluoros,
black fluoro light bulbs (pictured above).
Black light bulbs.

I doubt that all these work well.

What do you guys use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back