Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williB

What is this type of bicycle called ?

Attachments

• picture_111_161.jpg
    picture_111_161.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 439
williB said:
What is this type of bicycle called ?

Looks like a nu product from Jenny Craig for over weight americans so they have to pedal harder and thus use more energy to move. HEHEHEHEHEHE :evil: :evil: :evil:

LOL
Its pretty well made its even got a shock absorber on the rear tire ..
i tried looking it up on google but didnt know what to call it??
and i tried looking up the name , with no luck .. :(

Eh willi, guess those were never popular in New Jersy?
I saw 'em all over the place here in California for a couple months and then they died, just a fad :lol:

eh Bryan, not a bad idea, everyone over here is fat (accept me :lol: )

Yeah , i was gonna sell it on ebay , but its got a lot of cool parts on it , mainly the pedals & sprockets
and the front wheel has some really nice bearings on it..

I wonder how many times around the block you can ride it before you must replace its worn-out 3" tires! Those tiny wheels must be spinning like crazy. Maybe the bearings wear-out before the tires do.

If you ride it over a small pot-hole then you'll be thrown over the handle-bars. It needs skiis or something around the tiny wheels to support it when a wheel goes in a small hole.

It needs an electric motor drive-train, man!

Yea those weals have to spin super fast so go at some speed.

Holes are alos a problem.

The old road that is going by my back of the house is full of holes.I rather stand up at some of them,becose some hit you good even if you have front and rear suspention.(That is if you go fast)

I shure wodnt buy thing thing.

Those offset handlebars are scary too, it'd be quite a challenge to keep a straight line at any kind of speed. I need to try one :twisted: :lol:

No wait, the use of a stem to offset the handlebars is actually a "safety" feature here. It's just the small wheels that make it scary :lol:

I have one of those things except mine is made from razor

It is called a pocket bike
they only go like 5 mph and thats only when you pedal your hardest crusing speed is probably 2.

I can't believe I wanted one for x-mas three years ago and I still have it today.

But now people put gas motors and electricmotors to speed it up.

audioguru said:
I wonder how many times around the block you can ride it before you must replace its worn-out 3" tires! Those tiny wheels must be spinning like crazy. Maybe the bearings wear-out before the tires do.

If you ride it over a small pot-hole then you'll be thrown over the handle-bars. It needs skiis or something around the tiny wheels to support it when a wheel goes in a small hole.

It needs an electric motor drive-train, man!
they are actually 6" wheels :lol:
when i took it apart i did find a bad bearing race on the rear wheel.. the front bearings are sealed, but the rears have bearings similar to a bicycle (a normal one)
i wouldnt ride that thing. :lol: even if it was electric..

Someone Electro said:
You cod do that roboticinfo.

btw: Where are you all this time?

I have been mostly paying attention to my girl that is why I have had little time to vist this place although she is worth my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back