Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil7445

hi all
I wonder if anyone can help?
I am trying to make an automatic water sprinkler connected to the mains water and triggered by a movement sensor. I have the sensor but cannot think what to use in order to make an electric tap (so the sensor can switch it). The reason for doing this is I get alot of foul in my garden from rodents etc, and I want the sprinker to be set of by the movement of the pest. I was thinking of useing bonnet (windsreen) washer jets from a car for the sprinkler itself.
Any ideas greately recieved
Cheers
Phil

Well, there are several soloniod valve choices for in-ground sprinkler systems. Ususally 24 volts (don't think you want to mix mains + water, even targeting rodents). A 3/4 inch size is about the same as a garden hose (threaded ends fit). Rainbird is one company, but there lost of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back