Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water level dectection..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukito

can anybody could help me in design a water level..?

the possible components that i would be using are, transistor, diodes, led, resistor, capacitor... i'm not allowed to used ic....

in a container their are 5 measurements, empty, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full.. in each measurements the led must turn on, but if it is empty the led in other measurements must be off, and it is in 1/4, the led in empty must be off and so on....

Does the transistor have to be a BJT (bipolar junction transistor...a "standard" transistor) or can it be a MOSFET (metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor)?

ken

If you don't have enough basic electronics knowledge to figure out how these components could be combined to implement a water level [dectection] circuit, you could start by Googling: water level detection circuit

You will find things like this: **broken link removed**

Ken

Last edited:
i do have a basic knowledge in components but in combining those, i don't i have enough knowledge in those thing..

Did you Google?: water level detection circuit
Did the link give you any ideas on how it might be accomplished?

Ken

i already reach in google and in this site. i had some ideas... i'm still try do accomplish my circuit... i hope that it will work..

Good! Ask questions if you run into problems.

Ken

help

can any body help me in me water level project. i already had a ckt but the problem is, the led won't alter if it is going to indicate its level...

You might want to include the circuit and sensor arrangement you're using.

Ken

my circuit

this is my circuit i may.... i need, is to turn on one led according to its level... but the result of it is all the led are turning on... hope you could help me...

Last edited:
Ummm, why not use a float connected to a lever + arm. use the arm to bridge contacts, with contacts stretching from E to 1/4, 1/4 to 1/2, 1/2 to 3/4 and 3/4 to full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back