Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Warp13, leaving EEPROM untouched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oznog

I need to program a PIC18F252 with my Warp13.

It has calibration procedure results stored in EEPROM which I do not want to erase when I update the code.

When I uncheck "Data EEPROM" box in the Warp13 Binary Mode Driver program, it won't program the EEPROM with the values in the code but it writes 0xff to every location, erasing the existing data.

If I load the .hex file in MPLAB, select PicStart Pro (which Warp13 emulates), and tell it not to write the EEPROM, it leaves it be. But this is not my preferred program to write with.

Anybody know why Warp13's software does this?

I got a response out of Newfound Elec- they told me it can't be done. Bizzare!

Read the calibration data out of the EEPROM and insert it in your source code.

As for why the Warp13 program software works like it does, it's simply because it was written that way.

Generally when programming a PIC the first thing the software does is totally erase the target device (mine certainly does). For devices with calibration data stored somewhere (like the 12F675) the software should read the calibration byte before erasure, and restore it afterwards.

I'm presuming you mean your own private calibration data though?, and not the PIC's calibration data (do 18F chips use any?).

Jay.slovak said:
I use PIC18F4320 and it has NO calibration data. It's factory calibrated in hardware.

I'm talking about pressure sensor calibrations that the code did (with user actions) and stored in EEPROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back