Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Version control in MPLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregmcc

Is there a way in MPLAB to make use of a build number in your code. By that I mean say each time I build my code a variable in mplab would be increased by one. In my code I could then display the var on a LCD or something. When the code starts it shows the build number on the LCD, like v0.1 or v0.2

I see mplab supports version control - would VC do something like this?

From what I had read, version control does not have anything to do with that. I forget what it is specifically, but your idea is what I also was looking for. I just name the files version by the major changes made. That way I can always go back in case the new code does not work. I also did that every separate day of coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back