Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

valve tester

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm, Hero999, what do you do with 100KW at 10 GHz?

X-band Radar...

Is that thing moving in the water? What the heck is it?

X-band radar. Your tax dollars at work. Yes, it moves through the water. Patrols an area off the coast of Alaska. It can spot a baseball at 3,000 miles, supposedly. The odd shape is because it's semi-submersible, like some kind of mobile oil rig or something.

We put it out there to keep an eye on that nutjob in North Korea.

That was one of the links I read, the pic is off Wikipedia.

Ted - that big tube image I just posted was a huge mercury-arc rectifier. Google "mercury-arc rectifier" and see if your tube shows up in image search.
Did a little more digging. The "354A" is close to the right shape. Hard to tell scale from just this pic **broken link removed** though... Not real obvious that there is actual mercury rolling around inside these either. Now I haveta research "mercury-vapor thyratron". Like I have time for this.. Oh well. Beats "work", I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back