Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using "old" stock for projects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katzelect

Hi all!

I been "lurking" on the forum off & on for awhile. I haven't posted yet, but it is interesting to read all the threads - looks like a great bunch of guys on here. I have recently been getting interested in doing some elect. projects. It has been awhile, the last time I really fooled with this stuff was back in high school, & I know I have forgotten a bit since then! (what little I knew to start with!)

Question; I have a box of old components (resistors, transistors, caps, chips, etc.) that is probably 30-35 years old. Would old parts like that still be okay to use in projects, or would they possibly be bad or have a tendency to fail due to the age? I don't want to waste time assembling them if they aren't likely to hold up.

Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back