using a spring-operated leaf switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneshane1

i have a motor and a spring operated leaf switch,and what i want to do is when i tap down the switch i want the motor to go in the other direction, and when i tap it again i want it to go back the other way,does anyone know what type of ic i might need to do this.

You don't necessarily have to use an IC. here is a relay version.

I don't know what a spring operated leaf switch is.

If it has only a SPST contact, let me know and I'll suggest a simple variant of this circuit that can use a SPST.

Attachments

• Relay Flip Flop.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 176
shaneshane1 said:
its a mini servo 4.8V-6V,i cut a peace of plastic out so it can keep rotating.
Do you mean a modifed servo motor like this?

If so then you DON'T reverse it by reversing the power connectors; that will damage the servo. You have to vary the pulse width on a continuous rotation servo to forward / stop / reverse it.
**broken link removed**

seem way to complicated just to get a motor to move,how would i go about getting that switch to work on a normal dc motor???

The following is talking about the switches used in a joy stick.
When the user applied pressure to one side of the stick it caused the two contacts to touch and form a circuit, commonly referred to as a leaf switch.

If this is the case you have a normaly open SPDT switch.

its a momentary switch with a metal stick on the end of it ,when you hold it down it makes contact and when you let it go. it doesnt make contact,so does anyone know a easy way to set it up so that when it is taped down the motor goes in the oposite direction.its like a bumper switch on the rover robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…