Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using a spring-operated leaf switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneshane1

i have a motor and a spring operated leaf switch,and what i want to do is when i tap down the switch i want the motor to go in the other direction, and when i tap it again i want it to go back the other way,does anyone know what type of ic i might need to do this.

You don't necessarily have to use an IC. here is a relay version.

I don't know what a spring operated leaf switch is.

If it has only a SPST contact, let me know and I'll suggest a simple variant of this circuit that can use a SPST.

Attachments

• Relay Flip Flop.png
    Relay Flip Flop.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 174
shaneshane1 said:
its a mini servo 4.8V-6V,i cut a peace of plastic out so it can keep rotating.
Do you mean a modifed servo motor like this?

If so then you DON'T reverse it by reversing the power connectors; that will damage the servo. You have to vary the pulse width on a continuous rotation servo to forward / stop / reverse it.
**broken link removed**

seem way to complicated just to get a motor to move,how would i go about getting that switch to work on a normal dc motor???

its a momentary switch with a metal stick on the end of it ,when you hold it down it makes contact and when you let it go. it doesnt make contact,so does anyone know a easy way to set it up so that when it is taped down the motor goes in the oposite direction.its like a bumper switch on the rover robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back