Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USBIO to step a Decade Counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamedust

I'm using this decade counter:
**broken link removed**

Trying to output through (https://www.elexol.com/IO_Modules/USB_IO_24.php) to that decade counter to get it to step but I'm having difficulty.

I get a +5V signal coming out of my USBIO and it's going into the clock pin of the decade counter but it wont step, only the first LED stays lit. Must it go through a 555 timer to get a square wave, can this be simulated in software?

My general question is this: is it possible to step a decade counter from the computer?

When I try your link, it is dead.
Draw a diagram of what you have done so far.
If you are using a digital output from some I/O module, to dive your counter, yes it should be possible.
No you dont need a 555 to give a square wave, but it depend on what comes out of your USB I/O module.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back