Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB 2.0 High Speed Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNLohr

I've struggled for a few weeks now trying to find USB 2.0 High Speed hub parts to build dongles that have a custom USB circuit using V-USB (easy, done it over and over) as well as a USB 2.0 high-speed hub other high speed devices can be plugged into it.

I can solder SOIC, .8 pitch TQFP, etc, easy as pie. Unfortunately, I cannot solder .5 pitch TQFP, or QFN parts... At least I haven't learned how to yet.

The only USB 2.0 Hub parts I've found at all are:

*CY7C65630-56LTXCT and other related Cypress products. These products ONLY come in a 56-QFN package.

*NEC/Renesas's UPD720114GA (and related products). These seem to come only in .5mm TQFPs.

*SMSC's USB251x parts. All of these come in various QFN packages. The defunct models came in .5mm pitch TQFP's

I think it unusual that there were only three USB 2.0 HS hubs that I could find.

Is there any part that can act as a USB 2.0 HS hub that is in a package who's leads can be seen by the naked eye?

Or, for those of us who still print our own PCBs, any magic bullet for soldering QFN's?

Got it

I figured I should post my findings, as to prevent others from searching for similar queries from being lost as well.

My solution was to stick with the .5mm BSC QFN. ez USB is just as it describes itself... A little annoying considering its enormous power consumption in bus-powered mode (I can't even plug a USB pen drive into it without it overloading the power on the port) (or so it claims) If I like and say "self powered" everything works fine. I don't intend to keep it like this.

.5mm bsc was actually pretty easy when I was using a toaster oven. Here's my results.

Attachments

• P8210002.jpg
    P8210002.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back