Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unsolicited Personal Inmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
theinforapennyinforabob said:
P.S. Did you just shorten my name? And connect it with being a hybrid Mac/PC user? Awesome.
I'm glad you didn't take offense. I've never meant any harm by abbreviating user names on occasion when quoting. It's just that when you do a quick-post and only quote part of the poster, you have to manually add the poster's name. With the extra thought that's required to be respectful by spelling the poster's name correctly, I sometimes get distracted and end up having a bit of fun with it, or set a limit to how much I'll think about it anyway. Seriously, how many times do I have to make sure I type blueroomelectronics correctly, or Goodwin and not Godwin, before I'm allowed to take liberties?

Hank Fletcher said:
I'm glad you didn't take offense. I've never meant any harm by abbreviating user names on occasion when quoting. It's just that when you do a quick-post and only quote part of the poster, you have to manually add the poster's name. With the extra thought that's required to be respectful by spelling the poster's name correctly, I sometimes get distracted and end up having a bit of fun with it, or set a limit to how much I'll think about it anyway. Seriously, how many times do I have to make sure I type blueroomelectronics correctly, or Goodwin and not Godwin, before I'm allowed to take liberties?
I think you can get away with Godwin; I'm sure he'd be pleased. Plus, misspelling a name is still more respectful than hearing a soccer(foot)ball being kicked around the hallways at three in the morning. They always manage to hit the resonance frequency of my wall...:mad:

What a long way this thread has come from unsolicited e-mail! My junk folder receives about 100 e-mails every two weeks. All for my home ISP mail address. Hopefully my college e-mail won't get spammed any time soon.

I'm 23, big time financial investor, have done some Hollywood acting, won the lottery three times, have advised Bill Gates and Sam Walton numerous times, own a 120-foot diesel yacht berthed at Capri, reserved and paid for seat on the ESA moon launch, climbed K2 and the Matterhorn, a Kung Fu master, speak 5 languages fluently, PhD in both partical physics and mathematical algorithms, toured as back-up guitarist with van Halen, Rush, and AC-DC, and hold an honorable PhD in ancient Egyptian culture.

Actually I'm mid-50's, mostly bald, several bad teeth and three bad tattoo jobs, my wife is obese and a chain smoker, my son is retarded and limps, my daughter is an addict and up on a number of criminal charges, the house has 50 yeard old shingles and only 2 of the 4 doors close. The family dog has mange, and the cat appears to be rabbid. My truck is missing 3rd gear and reverse slips as well. The refridgerator runs only 3 hrs. daily so we keep food to a minimum... SPAM is our main staple for dinners. The water well didn't pass inspection but we don't seem to taste any difference as it is. Life is good.

HiTech said:
I'm 23, big time financial investor, have done some Hollywood acting, won the lottery three times, have advised Bill Gates and Sam Walton numerous times, own a 120-foot diesel yacht berthed at Capri, reserved and paid for seat on the ESA moon launch, climbed K2 and the Matterhorn, a Kung Fu master, speak 5 languages fluently, PhD in both partical physics and mathematical algorithms, toured as back-up guitarist with van Halen, Rush, and AC-DC, and hold an honorable PhD in ancient Egyptian culture.
Can't fool me, I spotted that you can't spel particul.:D

Mike.

hi Mike,
Its 14 ggc [girl] as from today..... more expense...:D

I'll need another horse soon.!

Hi Eric,

Congratulations, I'm hoping it will be a few years yet until I get my first grand child.

Don't worry about the horse, he's huge and will easily fit 12 ggc on.:D

Mike.

HiTech said:
Actually I'm mid-50's, mostly bald, several bad teeth and three bad tattoo jobs, my wife is obese and a chain smoker, my son is retarded and limps, my daughter is an addict and up on a number of criminal charges, the house has 50 yeard old shingles and only 2 of the 4 doors close. The family dog has mange, and the cat appears to be rabbid. My truck is missing 3rd gear and reverse slips as well. The refridgerator runs only 3 hrs. daily so we keep food to a minimum... SPAM is our main staple for dinners. The water well didn't pass inspection but we don't seem to taste any difference as it is. Life is good.
Now that's a country song!

All country songs are: I drank my beer and found jesus.

Krumlink said:
All country songs are: I drank my beer and found jesus.

Don't listen to much country music, do you? ;)

Torben

Nigel Goodwin said:
Does anyone? :rolleyes:

Well, like with just about any genre, what you hear on the radio isn't the good stuff. So if you're basing opinions of music on that you're really not getting the full picture.

When I lived in Europe I didn't run into a lot of country listeners largely because the history and culture are different. And country music in French or Finnish just sounds. . .wrong. :)

Torben

The hill-billies in the South-Eastern United States listen to country Hee-Haw music. They are cowboys.

The western music was country music and was rare in the West.

I have received recently one of those PMs mentioned here - asking for help and from someone not posting here at all. Of course I did not answer.

So I guess I can join the club :D

Petr

petrv said:
I have received recently one of those PMs mentioned here - asking for help and from someone not posting here at all. Of course I did not answer.

So I guess I can join the club :D

Petr

Yup, I've started getting some of those too. Yay! I've arrived! (As they say in Hollywood).

Torben

They look like pigs, play like pigs and sing like pigs.
HEE-HAW!

I past by New Brunswick twice and I didn't see, hear or smell any hill-billies.
All the signs were in French and many people spoke French-Canadian so I thought I was in Quebec.

There is no country music and no French in Toronto.

audioguru said:
HEE-HAW!
...There is no country music...

I envy you. It's such garbage; I don't know why some people worship these half-witted off-key singers.:D

HEE-HAW!

I past by New Brunswick twice and I didn't see, hear or smell any hill-billies.
I don't know what to make of your pig reference. I like the singing, and you have to admit, that's some hard playing. I always thought the term "pig" could mean slow, which Ricky Skaggs and his fellow musicians most definitely are not. If you can do anything performance related better, I'd like to see it.

I recently saw Bruce Cockburn with Ricky Skaggs on Conan O'Brien. Bruce is out N.B. way every now and then, and has an honoury doctorate from a university here.

LOL... Cockburn.

Hank Fletcher said:
I don't know what to make of your pig reference. I like the singing, and you have to admit, that's some hard playing. I always thought the term "pig" could mean slow, which Ricky Skaggs and his fellow musicians most definitely are not. If you can do anything performance related better, I'd like to see it.

I recently saw Bruce Cockburn with Ricky Skaggs on Conan O'Brien. Bruce is out N.B. way every now and then, and has an honoury doctorate from a university here.

LOL... Cockburn.

I agree. . .hard to do that with hooves, no matter how smart the pigs are.

I have to say, though, that my brain grinds gears when my ears hear that kind of backcountry music while my eyes see such a big-money environment. Ah well, that's Nashville for you.

I like Ricky Scaggs but most stuff out of Nashville is unlistenable.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back