Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Collection agency scam or lifted personal info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was Teenager I paid a bill that was sent to a collection agency. I paid with cash, they waited about 3 months and sent me another bill in the mail I went back and paid it again because I lost the receipt.

After that I got a checking account. I'm sure there are a lot of company's who do that to Young people and actually get away with it over and over again.

Oh, ya forgot the best part. They tried one more time but guess who had their receipt. I also laminated it and told them if they tried it again. My Uncle a sitting Judge would love to see it again.:rolleyes:

Later on that same Company I found out when I was older is ran by a Family. The Family is a Type of Mafioso's. ;)

Later on that same Company I found out when I was older is ran by a Family. The Family is a Type of Mafioso's.

Hey, you leave my uncle Guido out of this thread! He has been doing fine since he was paroled and he opened his own sort of "Protection Business" moving along from debt collecting and loans. :)

Ron

i never answer any security questions over the phone. did they read you your social security number? or did they ask you to "verify" it and say that "yes, you read to them what they already had written down"... if they read me my SSN, i still play it cagey and don't verify for them that it is correct. if they are legit, they should snail mail you all of the details at your request, including the original creditor so you can verify the information independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back