Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unsolicited Personal Inmail

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, 50 this year, wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 2 horses and a cockatiel.

Mike.

Pommie said:

Mike.

hi Mike,
Would you like to trade one of your horses for two of my great grand children..:rolleyes:

Regards

What would I do with 2 great grand children and only 1 horse? They'd have to take turns.:D

Mike.

Pommie said:

Mike.

Is this like golf where the lower the wife score is, the better? But you might get arguments over a zero score though.

33 years, no kids, no pets and a wife in one month and seven days. I've got a mortgage and thousands in student loan, but plenty of ambition, too. Healthy kids and $1Meg before I'm 40... watch me.

theinfamousbob said:
Geez...I feel guilty being 19 and a college freshman.

Weird.
Hai. Ian

You are not meant for y-day. Entire future is ahead just to open up. Be ready to work for and enjoy Life in the next 80 years or so. Why guilty...

Hank Fletcher said:
33 years, no kids, no pets and a wife in one month and seven days. I've got a mortgage and thousands in student loan, but plenty of ambition, too. Healthy kids and $1Meg before I'm 40... watch me.

hai, H F,

All the best to you. Aim for 2 Meg keeping margin for devaluation etc.

mvs sarma said:
Hai. Ian

You are not meant for y-day. Entire future is ahead just to open up. Be ready to work for and enjoy Life in the next 80 years or so. Why guilty...
Guilty that I still have all of this to go, while some of the people on the forum have already been through it.:D :D

theinfamousbob said:
Guilty that I still have all of this to go, while some of the people on the forum have already been through it.:D :D

Have you thought that some of us might want to have done it differently , if we could. Being older and having life's experience doesn't necessarily mean that it was all good!

Cheers Enough Maudling

RH

Reactions: vdd
RetiredHAL said:
Have you thought that some of us might want to have done it differently , if we could. Being older and having life's experience doesn't necessarily mean that it was all good!

Cheers Enough Maudling

RH
Exactly. Hence my guilt. (in a long, roundabout way.):p

I am 62, I retired 7 years ago, I have collected a government pension for 2 years. I helped my kids buy homes and help fix them.

I am young again! Last summer my kids gave me an RC airplane for Father's Day. This year I see that Energizer is giving away an RC helicopter if you send 5 UPC labels that I have.

theinfamousbob said:
I am reminded of a film song, in my native language. The situation a kid under 7 sees his uncle (30) and wants to grow so tall so immediately.

at that stages the song comes-- why boy, so hurry to grow -- future is not that exactly known in advance-- so enjoy the present ...

As RH put it, we might feel we have lived. but we also feel that you are born at right time, and all the wonders and technological developments, --SO MUCH is in store for you, so contribute to the contemporary society and enjoy life as it comes. -- don't look back.

i envey you and feel like to become 19 if possible LoL.

Last edited:
iBob said:
Hence my guilt.
Don't feel guilty. Even in cases where a party is identified as guilty (as opposed to innocent), as an emotion, guilt is useless. The emotion of guilt only serves to harm the innocent - it's a defect in human expression. Punishment, being inherently flawed as an endeavour itself, often entails a desire by the punishing party to inflict the feeling of guilt on the punished party. That's also an exercise in futility, which causes more problems than it solves.

Old men have lived their lives, you've not. Good or bad, they've had the chance to make something of that time, time you've yet to experience. Don't wait for the bus to hit you before you realize you should have done something with your life. As much as you can plan, prepare, hope, dream, and be responsible, you'll never be able to know 100% that the unseen bus won't strike you down tomorrow. Live your life, live it now.

Don't wait for your friend, mom, dad, girlfriend, teacher, professor, lawyer, priest, politician, boss, God, gods, rock hero, or whoever to say, "Go!" You have to say go, and when you start going, you have to say, "keep going!"

Don't wait for a near-death experience before you start to appreciate the finite nature of this life, regardless of what you think will happen to you after it. Don't allow fear to stand in between you and what your instincts otherwise tell you is the right thing to do. If you've ever thought, "I'll ask that girl out, but what if she says, 'no'?" so consequently you did nothing about it, other than fantasize about what might have happened if you'd have tried, then you're allowing trepidation to destroy your life. You might as well lie in a coffin and wait for the inevitable. When that bus finally hits you, you'll have wanted to have had more than just a mind full of fantasies. The next time you feel fear forcing you away from experience, face it and fight through. Whatever your fear, if you allow it to consume you and reduce you to apathy, know that the apathy, in the end, is akin to death: a life having done nothing. Consequence or death? I know which I'd choose, given the other is inevitable anyhow.

Just in case you're still waiting: go!

Last edited:
Don't wait for your friend, mom, dad, girlfriend, teacher, professor, lawyer, priest, politician, boss, God, gods, rock hero, or whoever to say, "Go!" You have to say go, and when you start going, you have to say, "keep going!"

I'll second that.:)

Hank Fletcher said:
Don't feel guilty. Even in cases where a party is identified as guilty (as opposed to innocent), as an emotion, guilt is useless. The emotion of guilt only serves to harm the innocent - it's a defect in human expression. Punishment, being inherently flawed as an endeavour itself, often entails a desire by the punishing party to inflict the feeling of guilt on the punished party. That's also an exercise in futility, which causes more problems than it solves.

Old men have lived their lives, you've not. Good or bad, they've had the chance to make something of that time, time you've yet to experience. Don't wait for the bus to hit you before you realize you should have done something with your life. As much as you can plan, prepare, hope, dream, and be responsible, you'll never be able to know 100% that the unseen bus won't strike you down tomorrow. Live your life, live it now.

Don't wait for a near-death experience before you start to appreciate the finite nature of this life, regardless of what you think will happen to you after it. Don't allow fear to stand in between you and what your instincts otherwise tell you is the right thing to do. If you've ever thought, "I'll ask that girl out, but what if she says, 'no'?" so consequently you did nothing about it, other than fantasize about what might have happened if you'd have tried, then you're allowing trepidation to destroy your life. You might as well lie in a coffin and wait for the inevitable. When that bus finally hits you, you'll have wanted to have had more than just a mind full of fantasies. The next time you feel fear forcing you away from experience, face it and fight through. Whatever your fear, if you allow it to consume you and reduce you to apathy, know that the apathy, in the end, is akin to death: a life having done nothing. Consequence or death? I know which I'd choose, given the other is inevitable anyhow.

I guess I'll third that; I'm usually a pretty compassionate person. I know I have my life to live; I'll be sure to do my best at it. Plus, I've already been through the whole near-death thing. Who knew a broken arm would earn a helicopter ride? :D :D

Intuition is a very interesting thing; that's one thing I've tried to sharpen in my life. It's kept me from getting hit by a bus so far...:p I think you hit every possible role model as well; although you did forget dietitian....not that I have one.

P.S. Did you just shorten my name? And connect it with being a hybrid Mac/PC user? Awesome.

Many thanks to all; advice from a wise person is not discarded by this kid.:D

theinfamousbob said:
I know I have my life to live; I'll be sure to do my best at it. Plus, I've already been through the whole near-death thing. Who knew a broken arm would earn a helicopter ride? :D :D

Intuition is a very interesting thing; that's one thing I've tried to sharpen in my life. It's kept me from getting hit by a bus so far...:p I think you hit every possible role model as well; although you did forget dietitian....not that I have one.

Sounds like you've been through a lot already. :)

Hank Fletcher said:

Originally Posted by theinfamousbob

I know I have my life to live; I'll be sure to do my best at it. Plus, I've already been through the whole near-death thing. Who knew a broken arm would earn a helicopter ride?

Intuition is a very interesting thing; that's one thing I've tried to sharpen in my life. It's kept me from getting hit by a bus so far... I think you hit every possible role model as well; although you did forget dietitian....not that I have one.

All I can say is WOW!!!!:) :) What a load of "Good and Helpful Advice":p Relax People this post is NOT about the End.

Cheers Many Cheers
RH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back