Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

undamped vibrating circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peet19

I want to build an undamped vibrating circuit. I would like some help with this.
The picture shows how far I've come, but it's not good that way.
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Képernyőkép 2022-07-29 10-41-14.png
    Képernyőkép 2022-07-29 10-41-14.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 173
To be undamped you need no load on it - you have (roughly) a 1K load, the resistor in series with the low impedance of the pulse source.

You need some kind of switch feeding the tuned circuit, that goes O/C when turned OFF.

Your research should include:
  1. Colpitts Oscillator
  2. Pierce Oscillator
  3. Hartley Oscillator
  4. Armstrong Oscillator
  5. Crystal Oscillator
  6. RC Phase Shift Oscillator
  7. Cross-Coupled Oscillator
  8. Dynatron Oscillator
  9. Meissner Oscillator
  10. Optoelectronic Oscillator
  11. Phase Shift Oscillator
  12. Wine Bridge Oscillator
  13. Robinson Oscillator
  14. Tri-Tet Oscillator
  15. Quadrature Oscillator
  16. Bubba Oscillator
  17. Van der Pol Oscillator
That should occupy your waking hours for a while

Papabravo: OK, thanks :)

Nigel: What oscillator is in the picture? How is the feedback implemented so that the output frequency has a constant amplitude?

Attachments

• Képernyőkép 2022-07-29 18-11-14.png
    Képernyőkép 2022-07-29 18-11-14.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 173
Papabravo: OK, thanks :)

Nigel: What oscillator is in the picture? How is the feedback implemented so that the output frequency has a constant amplitude?
I'm not sure what type of oscillator that is, but it's the usual crappy 'bug' type transmitter - there's also no feedback to specifically cause a constant amplitude.

The actual feedback is from collector to emitter, with the transistor operating in common base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back