Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smd resistor with a yellow / gold circle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie12th

HI ALL ,
I JUST JOINED . HAVING NOT BEEN AT ELECTRONICS FOR SOME TIME, SOME OF THE SMD , HAVE THROWN ME .
I AM REPAIRING A PS3 AT THE MOMENT . I CANT WORK OUT THE VALUE OF THIS SMD .
IT LOOKS LIKE AN 805 RESISTOR. BUT THE SYMBOL , I CANT FIND ANYWHERE !:confused:

I WOULD APPRECIATE THE BENIFIT OF YOU'RE WISDON .
THANK'S

Attachments

• SMD2.jpg
    SMD2.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 238
  • SMD1.jpg
    SMD1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 242
These could be capacitors or diodes. Take one out and find out by testing.

And don't yell at us by capitalizing! E

did you try to measure it? are they all like that? Maybe 0 means 0-ohm? I believe the 0-ohm jumpers we have at work are labeled '000'

And good god, what happened to those traces?

some of the .1% resistors I used had symbols . and the jumpers "as stated above" have 000 or just 0

did you try to measure it? are they all like that? Maybe 0 means 0-ohm? I believe the 0-ohm jumpers we have at work are labeled '000'

And good god, what happened to those traces?

The Traces ! I was told . When the Owner was , putting it back together ,
(I think he may have wanted to add extra usb sockets) .
He put the wrong screw in . ( yeah , I know , the stories ! ).

Thanks for your help, guys . I taught , it was a symbol , I didn't know about . I will take one off and post the result , here .

as others have said.... its just the standard 0 (zero) Ohm resistor
often used as links

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back