Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasound generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shico90

Hello, I was thinking about a way to generate ultrasound and i thought why can't we adjust a mcu to generate frequency above 20 khz and apply this frequency to buzzer or speaker and by that ew can have ultrasound .
that was my thinking from the theoretical point of view, but i'm geeting a feeling thatit isn't that easy. can anyone help in this?

There are hundreds of circuits that will produce an ultrasonic signal, but a buzzer or speaker probably will not produce the sound.
You need an ultrasonic transducer to produce the high frequencies. Most ultrasonic transducers are the piezo type.

Hello, I was thinking about a way to generate ultrasound and i thought why can't we adjust a mcu to generate frequency above 20 khz and apply this frequency to buzzer or speaker and by that ew can have ultrasound .
that was my thinking from the theoretical point of view, but i'm geeting a feeling thatit isn't that easy. can anyone help in this?

Yes it's that easy - but bear in mind speakers don't work well at ultrasonic frequencies.

I think that what he's saying is that most speakers or buzzers will only have a frequency response range that is more matched to the human hearing range, not the ultrasound range . Thus, if you were going to use a speaker for this you would need to use a speaker or buzzer with a frequency response range above 20Khz. If I were you, I'd try to get a spec on the freq response range plotted against amplitute to make sure you weren't losing most of your output power in the ultrasonic ranges.

really?
so i can use it with buzzer?

No, because you are unlikely to find a buzzer that will produce frequencies in the ultrasonic range. If you do a simple Google of Ultrasonic Transducers you will find many devices that can respond to ultrasonic frequencies.

Note what audioguru posted:
There are hundreds of circuits that will produce an ultrasonic signal, but a buzzer or speaker probably will not produce the sound.
You need an ultrasonic transducer to produce the high frequencies. Most ultrasonic transducers are the piezo type.

Ron

yes i'm getting you now, thank you all for your replies, I searched before and I found that thing about certain transducers to generate it, but i was hoping to find an alternate solution because I searched about that transducer here in Egypt and I didn't find one, so I was trying to find anything else
anyway thank you for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back