Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic distance meter 100Khz-200Khz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamger

Hi ,
I have been assigned to design a ultrasonic distance finding system to be used to sense the blindspot area in a car . A CMUT(capacitive micromachined ultrasonic tranducer ) sensor working in the range 100khz to 200Khz acts as both a transmitter and receiver .
I have to design both the trasmitting side and receiving side to give the distance between the target and source vehicle .
I have to transmit pulses for some tome then wait for echo and then transmit again and so on
I assume that the blindspot is around 10m distance .
Considering speed of sound 344m/s and distance 2*10m , time required between 2 transmiting pulses should be 58ms .
1)How should i decide for how long I need to transmit each pulse.
2)can i use the ultrasonic pulse oscillator IC1 ( with same Resistor and capacitor values) or do i need the other IC2 also .I cant understand why IC2 is used ? Is it the transducer giving out frequency of 40khz?
plz help.
I think i have to design a circuit similar to this one
Vehicle blind spot detector - Patent 4694295

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back