Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic Cleaner 500 watt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am making an ultrasonic transducer cleaning circuit. Please guide me on how to make it as I am not an expert in electronics but have some skill in it. It has to be a few hundred watts in power, say 500 watts.
Here is my idea: As a power source I am using a variac rated at 2000 watts. It is connected through a diode as a half wave rectifier to the emitter of a power transistor (2n3055) and controlled by a signal generator connected to the base. It passes through the transistor to a transformer which steps up the voltage from say 10v to 100v, and then is led back to the other terminal of the variac. Up to here there is no problem, but the problem arises when I try to add transistors, since one is not enough for 500 watts. Each is rated for 100w, and I can use only 50 watts in my understanding of that.
So how do I connect transistors to increase the total power?

Sorry, but there's not a single idea in there that makes any sense - you even seem to be trying to create perpetual motion?.

You need a proper mains power supply (NOT a variac), with a proper transformer and smoothing, then a proper high frequency high power amplifier to feed the transducers (not a trivial thing to build), fed from an oscillator.

You need to create an oscillator, somewhere in the region of 10Khz - 100 Khz,
depending on transducer specs, with power capability. You have described applying
60/120 Hz to a transducer which simply will not work.

What is your transducer part number ?

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back