Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrabrightLED flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt if they are demo'd in the store.
You'll have to be sneaky and open one and open some new battery cells in the store to try one. :lol:

Hide in the store until after it closes so you can try it at night. 8)

zachtheterrible said:
Hey willi, the LED project is going terribly! Q1 keeps on shorting out the positive and negative rails for some reason. Its on all the time, instead of only being on in pulses. I have NO idea whats going on with the bloody thing! Its also oscillating @ 370khz! Its only supposed to work @ around 200khz.

since its already on a PCB, its very hard to experiment with it and change out components. I just ordered the same parts again from mouser. Im going to put each one on a PCB, then run wires off the PCB so that I can put it in a breadboard and experiment.

I am not giving up on this project! It will be such a great thing when it works. Just imagine a flashlight that runs for several days at the same brightness, even when the voltage drops to 1v!

Ill have to drop by lowes and check that thing out.
yeah the one i got isnt a flash light ,per se..
it is one of those lights you wear on your head , it isnt listed on their site..
but it is incredably bright, and comes with a nice reflector, all for twenty bucks, batteries too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back