TTL CMOS whats the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know the exact details but it has different definitions of HIGH and LOW, plus CMOS devices don't need exactly 5 volts to operate

simoV8 said:
Whats the difference of TTL to CMOS

Basically TTL uses transistors, and is rated at 5V only - CMOS uses MOSFET's and operates over a wider voltage range. CMOS, due to it's MOSFET construction also takes a great deal less current than TTL.

SupeR-NovA said:
i don't know the exact details but it has different definitions of HIGH and LOW, plus CMOS devices don't need exactly 5 volts to operate

LOL ,, Sounds like a tricky one,,

Thanks
Simo

MOSFET ?? I probably shouldnt even go there , but could you explain

Simo

And after having a sqizz at the site nigel recomended (great site ) Your last words ring loud,,

Geez i'v got some learning to doo

simoV8 said:
And after having a sqizz at the site nigel recomended (great site ) Your last words ring loud,,

'recommended' - all I did was type 'what is a mosfet' in to google and look for an interesting looking URL :lol:

Geez i'v got some learning to doo

There's not much need to know that sort of stuff, just consider a CMOS chip as a little plastic box with legs which performs a certain function.

There's no real need to know what's actually inside it - I'm quite happy in the belief that there are people a lot more clever than me putting little bits in plastic boxes to make my life easier :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…