Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TTL CMOS whats the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know the exact details but it has different definitions of HIGH and LOW, plus CMOS devices don't need exactly 5 volts to operate

simoV8 said:
Whats the difference of TTL to CMOS

Basically TTL uses transistors, and is rated at 5V only - CMOS uses MOSFET's and operates over a wider voltage range. CMOS, due to it's MOSFET construction also takes a great deal less current than TTL.

SupeR-NovA said:
i don't know the exact details but it has different definitions of HIGH and LOW, plus CMOS devices don't need exactly 5 volts to operate

LOL ,, Sounds like a tricky one,,

Thanks
Simo

Nigel Goodwin said:
simoV8 said:
Whats the difference of TTL to CMOS

Basically TTL uses transistors, and is rated at 5V only - CMOS uses MOSFET's and operates over a wider voltage range. CMOS, due to it's MOSFET construction also takes a great deal less current than TTL.

MOSFET ?? I probably shouldnt even go there , but could you explain

Simo

And after having a sqizz at the site nigel recomended (great site ) Your last words ring loud,,

Geez i'v got some learning to doo

simoV8 said:
And after having a sqizz at the site nigel recomended (great site ) Your last words ring loud,,

'recommended' - all I did was type 'what is a mosfet' in to google and look for an interesting looking URL :lol:

Geez i'v got some learning to doo

There's not much need to know that sort of stuff, just consider a CMOS chip as a little plastic box with legs which performs a certain function.

There's no real need to know what's actually inside it - I'm quite happy in the belief that there are people a lot more clever than me putting little bits in plastic boxes to make my life easier :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back