Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor switch help

Status
Not open for further replies.
fdv2.1.JPG
ok corrected drawing attached. Never sure on version numbers, so i have called it V2.1 because its just a minor change?? how is versioning normally done?
fdv2.1.JPG

hi ian comes out huge on my screen?? how do i make them bigger?

hi,
I would suggest increasing the 10uF decoupling on the 12V rail to say 470uF also add in parallel with it a 100nF.

This should help reduce 'airborne' electrical interference being radiated.
E

ok eric also i have now connected it the right way round :oops:

I really hate doing the PCB layout!!! :mad:. Takes me ages to do even simple ones!!:rolleyes: and they always end up looking like someone just sprinkled the components over the PCB!:facepalm: there must be a knack to it that i just dont have!:meh:

I really hate doing the PCB layout!!! :mad:. Takes me ages to do even simple ones!!:rolleyes: and they always end up looking like someone just sprinkled the components over the PCB!:facepalm: there must be a knack to it that i just dont have!:meh:
hi L,
Which PCB art working program are you using.?
E

Does your package support rats nests? It's best to use the rats nest to place your components. This shows the shortest paths and makes it easier for the autorouter...(If you have one).

Are you trying to make a PCB for the above circuit?

I found this a while back looks interesting… I never new about it? but I've seen inside old school devices and completely forgot.

i am using proteus i used to use altium but we dont have the laptop with it on anymore, ares (proteus) has rats nests, its just me i am slow at it!
i had a go at manhatten style its great for some stuff, yes this is for a board, i will get there in the end and i need the practice

i am using proteus i used to use altium but we dont have the laptop with it on anymore, ares (proteus) has rats nests, its just me i am slow at it!
i had a go at manhatten style its great for some stuff, yes this is for a board, i will get there in the end and i need the practice
hi,
When your first draft PCB layout is ready, post an image, we can look it over.:nailbiting:
E

the hastle i have is the way i have drawn the fly back in the drawing, it's giving a unhelpful rats nest lol, by the time i have this one finished i will be shaving!!

I find Proteus dead easy...

When you place your components as you want them, just select the rats nest tool and join the components together, then when you have it how you want, run the autorouter....

Have you ported from the schematic? It looks worse than it is... You need to place the components in some sort of order then, when your ready, just click the autorouter tool...

i imported straight from isis by clicking the ares button in isis, the trouble with the auto router it assumes you have double sided board and starts sticking vias in!! it's me that makes it hard, i have a thing about not putting link wires or via's in a single sided board. Also i worry too much about how it looks and i like to use fairly big traces, for me Altium was better i liked the trace nudge feature, we had a laptop from dads uni that had a licensed version of Altium on it, but it's gone back now. Also i like to use fairly large boards i am not one of the must squeeze it all in on a pin head person! also i havnt made a pcb in over a year so it's like starting over again but i will get there! anyway the more practice the better.
LG

i cant find it :D

ours is old version i will go look in morning when i get up

tried auto router but didnt do a great job, then utter catastrophe pc crashed and has corrupted the file!! the drawing is ok as i have a backup but the layout is gone :( so all that work gone i spent hours trying to make it neat and professional looking, back is against the wall now time is short!! so plan B, make single fan controller just for next step testing (finding best frequency/ duty cycle etc) and try and redo board layout but this time i will not be as picky as i need it done pretty quick now.
seems like loads left to do on sorting other parts out as well like temp controller etc but they are mainly code anyway back to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back