Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

toy swiches on, moves 30 s, then auto off. How do I auto switch it back on after 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmet park

Sorry if this is too beginner for this forum, this is my first attempt at designing a solution for an electronics circuit. I have the dancing gopher from Caddy Shack, which switches on from a push toggle button, and runs two 3 volt battery powered electric motors which make the item dance. The timer and microcontroller from its circuit board turn it automatically off after 30 seconds or so. I need it to continue to dance for 4 to 5 minutes without me having to push the button again.

My idea is to have a timer circuit with a switch which turns the cycle on every 31 seconds.
'
Please give me a steer to which forum, which questions I should be asking, and which gear I will need to get this gopher to dance for 5 minutes continuous.

Thanks

Post some pictures of the PCB (both sides). Maybe there is a simple hack that disables the timer...

If the software makes the button retrigerable and thus continuous or must wait till it times out make a difference in a solution.

The 30 sec timing is in the microcontroller. Simply pay $10,000 and get a new chip programmed for you.

here's the solution, you advertise on craigslist and the president of a robotics company will email you and offer to pick up the gophers, modify them for 20 bucks per, and have them back in 3 days. Done. If I was an electrical engineer, I would ask that CEO for a job. That's how to do business.

what happens if you hold the button down continuously for a whole minute?
also what happens if you press it the second time after 25 seconds instead of 30seconds?

what happens if you hold the button down continuously for a whole minute?
also what happens if you press it the second time after 25 seconds instead of 30seconds?

Doggy, if it's like the toy animatronic figures that are all over the place during the holidays, a second press before the timeout stops the figure. Which could be used to advantage if one could build a 29 second timer that sends two pulses at the end of the timing period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back