Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Totally dependent on youtube videos for Altium use

Flyback

Hi,
I depend on seeing youtube videos to teach me Altium.
But i only have a laptop.
And i cannot watch youtube when not connected to the internet.
How can i somehow download the youtube videos to my laptop?...so that i can watch them when i am not connected to the internet?

The Youtube premium service offers downloads, but only to an App which is only available to people with smartphones.
(I do not have a smartphone, since their screens simply arent big enough)

Youtube is not clear about this.

If the app is for Android phones then a workaround might be to run the app under Bluestacks (an Android emulator for Windows/Mac). It would likely run slowly though. I tried running an Android-compatible app under Bluestacks on my laptop: only one of the four CPU cores got allocated to the app so the result was rather l..a..g..g..y.

Downloading Youtube videos using third-party websites or software is against their terms of use and is, in essence, illegal. Youtube does offer their Premium service, however, which allows you to download the videos.

Hi,
I depend on seeing youtube videos to teach me Altium.
But i only have a laptop.
And i cannot watch youtube when not connected to the internet.
How can i somehow download the youtube videos to my laptop?...so that i can watch them when i am not connected to the internet?

The Youtube premium service offers downloads, but only to an App which is only available to people with smartphones.
(I do not have a smartphone, since their screens simply arent big enough)

Youtube is not clear about this.
I find that my 8" Samsung tablet is quite adequate for watching most Youtube technical videos.

Also, most smartphones have the ability to cast their screens to another display device. How big of a screen do you want?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back