Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Toshiba dvd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techie7

hi,
It's working voltage is 110v ac. It's accidentally plugged into 220v supply line and burned. I opened it and see an smps board that has an IC marked 541 and a nearby resistor burned fully. All other parts seems good. It doesn't switched on now. Is it repairable? I would appreciate if somebody could help on how to replace the smps with an ordinary power supply. A total of 4+3=7 lines are going out from the smps board which includes +5v,+12v,-12v and some others. The player has a 220-110v ac converter adapter I used.

give me the make and model of yr player and we will be able to sort the power supply out and get it working-dont just blindly replace what has obviously burned up because due to other faults that may be present you will just cause more damage-so make and model please..........

I haven't tried replace of resistor because it's value can't read. Here're the details of the player:

Make: Toshiba SD-4980 SU, July 2005

On close inspection I found two more items burned. Burned items are:
1. IC A6351 SK541 4230 8pin DIP, Component id: Q802
2. Resistors R817,R808
3. Big cap 68uF, 200V C805. It is bulged, broken and paper came out.

Hope you can provide with a schematic of the supply.

I'm sorry that it has total 7+4 lines are coming out for connectors. It's details are:

PWON,GND,5VSB,-12V,+12V,GND,PD5V and
GND,F,F,v-20.

I would rather interested if I could replace smps with an ordinary supply. Any help?

ok now i have that info ill sort out the service manual and go from there.......

yes i should have one for that model im going to look when i get into work tomorrow .....regarding replacing that supply for another one it can be done but you need to make sure the power on signal for the new board is correct-wether it is active hi or lo to switch the supply on,that the current rating of the new supply is correct and that all yr voltages are correct too regarding yr "switched +v supplies" and "always present +v supplies",as well as the correct filament supply

Last edited:
Thanks. I searched on net and found the IC is IRIS A6351 which is an integrated switcher. So it can be the heart of the smps. Have to search whether it's available for replacement.

heres one manual iv found... more to follow

Attachments

• SD-4980SC_SU.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 598
techie give me yr email and i can send you the other manuals i have for this model the one i posted isnt a complete manual....i cant postr them here as it is a compressed winrar file and i cant upload it here

Last edited:
Actually I was waiting for the "more to follow" items :). The player is kept untouched after that. Yes, if you have it as a rar file then just convert it using winzip as Nigel suggested so that you could upload it here itself. Upto 32mb is acceptible here. Thanks.

ive emailed you with the manuals i have as winrar files...that winzip program doesnt seem to like my os(win me)......

hi,
The model is different in the manual you sent - SD-4900. However I tried to track out the ps unit which is somewhat same. On close look I think the switcher IC is also different. I can't find the IC part no. on the manual. But same function only. I've attached the comparison of IC's pin nos. Also it can't help on determining the burned resistor values that may be different in this model. Anyway I'll try to get some ideas. Cheers!

Attachments

• ps.PNG
    ps.PNG
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,192
ok i thought maybe that would be a match could you post a photo of the smps and any model/part numbers on the board itself :D because if i can identify the pcb it may be fitted in a different model.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back