Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

To-220-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

OK, I got some LT1965 voltage regulator samples in TO-220-5 packages. Now I've gotten other packages similar to TO-220 with multiple leads that had every other lead bent out and then down (LM3886 audio amplifier for example). In fact the LT1965 regulator data sheet shows the package like that - the leads being straight down, bent out then down, straight down, etc.

Are the samples just sold like this, or if I order from Digikey will they be the same (instead of the bent way)? It'll be a PITA if I have to bend the leads myself on every part.

speakerguy79 said:
Are the samples just sold like this, or if I order from Digikey will they be the same (instead of the bent way)? It'll be a PITA if I have to bend the leads myself on every part.

That's a legitimate packaging style, the "bent leads." That's likely how you'll get them. The datasheet should show it. With wide-lead power products like you've mentioned, it's to keep package size and PCB pad density from becoming unmanageable...

FYI,
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back